Got bored overnight

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
So i decided to clean up my engine bay and paint some stuff since a lot was corroded from battery acid from the previous owner.
Looks way better in my opinion

Before
DSCN0085.jpg

After about 5 hours of waiting between coats and masking off areas here is the final product
DSCN0090.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Cool I like it. Not a bad idea to update the bay a little.

The cleaner fresher looking areas kind of make the corroded areas stand out more, but what can ya do lol.

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I plan on doing more one day when i get more spare money. I've been debating on switching the intake manifold out for the nice clean one i have, or maybe getting it powder coated first.

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
AEM bypass valve. Its supposed to prevent hydrolock which happened to my old engine so i made sure i bought one for the new engine just in case.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
AEM bypass valve. Its supposed to prevent hydrolock which happened to my old engine so i made sure i bought one for the new engine just in case.
Definitely a good investment.

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
Engine bay looks better. As far as hydrolock issues I usually run sri in the wet months and swap in the dry months. Its a drag but I feel like my engine is safer that way.

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im looking to get an aem short ram for the winter time, just need to find one for a reasonable price. Everyone wants 100 plus for one when they only cost 130 new

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Im looking to get an aem short ram for the winter time, just need to find one for a reasonable price. Everyone wants 100 plus for one when they only cost 130 new
They pop up for like 80 or 70 every now and again. Name brand things tend to hold there value. And unlike suspension, an intake doesn't degrade so its value definitely sticks.

Back