Got my turbo on!!...but i got a problem :-{

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
yea man a brand new clutch will need to be broken in before you push it...it'll just slip...they may be just trying to make money off you

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
ya like everyone said,just break it in..Im on a factory replacment clutch and it held my 7psi fine.

Reaction score
yea man a brand new clutch will need to be broken in before you push it...it'll just slip...they may be just trying to make money off you
Just curious why u said this is normal for a brand new clutch to slip before properly breaking it in...then said the shop is just trying to make money off of me?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im sorry...Have YOU had a bad experience with slowmotion?

Personally, no. I dont trust shops period and if you have a new clutch, not broken in, and then take it to the dyno for tuning with a turbo, it's probably gonna slip.

Shouldn't have to replace a brand new clutch after just some dyno tuning.

finch13

Reaction score
Just curious why u said this is normal for a brand new clutch to slip before properly breaking it in...then said the shop is just trying to make money off of me?

Because a) the clutch does need a break in and they're different length for different clutch materials. My kevlar clutch needed 700 city miles, and I gave it 1000+ for good measure since I didnt drive much city at the time and b) auto shops (and tuning shops especially) are a business, the more they can get you to purchase parts and labor through them, the more money they make. Why wouldn't they tell you the clutch needs to be replaced? That's $$$ in their pocket and them exploiting you. Now you now it's needs to be broken in, just break it in and take it back to the shop for the dyno.

TurboAV6

Reaction score
Do i need to break it in? If so,how many miles should i "drive miss daisy"?

A full tank of premium gas with synthetic oil should be more than enough to break it in. When you first ran it were you on wastegate only??? Or did you start the car running significant boost?

Back