Green Key Light/Immobilzer/No Start HELP!

xJx

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! It's been a while since I have posted on here but I have an issue.

I've searched the forums and around the net and came to somewhat of a conclusion but I wanted to get direct help from you guys regarding my issue.

When I go to start my car the Green Key light does not appear at all and the car does not want to turn over(but does crank)

http://youtu.be/cJGW5MJ_T10

Sometimes the Green Key light will come on and the car starts.

http://youtu.be/GnKR0vzOjvI

I've checked my main relay and it looks fine with no cracks. I was thinking of getting a new one just in case to see if my eyes are wrong and to try it out anyways. OR I have come to think that it is the ignition switch?

It was hard finding on the web specifically whats wrong when the green light does not come on at all.

Thanks for your time!

UPDATE: ISSUE FIXED!!!

It's been about a month and a half or so and the culprit seemed to be the Main Relay. No issues so far!

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score
The insight I can offer is that when the green light blinks while trying to start the car the issue is the immobilizer. So you can at least mark that part off. The main relays are known to go bad on these cars, though. Best bet is finding somehow handy with a volt meter.

xJx

Reaction score
The insight I can offer is that when the green light blinks while trying to start the car the issue is the immobilizer. So you can at least mark that part off. The main relays are known to go bad on these cars, though. Best bet is finding somehow handy with a volt meter.

Thanks for the response Varnell! Glad I think I can mark off the immobilizer as the issue. I'm still on the fence on getting a new relay but I might as well give it a try if I cant come to a better conclusion.

Jonmullins84

Reaction score
You can call the dealer and they can give u the immobilzer code they will need the vin# when u call the code will let u start the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonmullins84

Reaction score
I had a problem when I lost the key that has to be programmed but I had a spare made but it was not a programmable key ( didn't know the key had to have a chip in it so I called a lock smith he told me to call the dealer and the would give me a code u turn the key off and on an

Jonmullins84

Reaction score
Then back on then pull the e brake to enter the code so if the code was 1234 you would pull the e brake wait pull the e brake two times wait pull the e brake Three times wait pull the e brake four times wait turn the key off then back the green key light will go off and then it will start and stay running till you turn the key off so that's how I drove it to the lock smith to get the right key

Back