groaning while braking... any ideas?

slowrider87

Reaction score
so saturday i had all new rubbers put on. didn't notice anything different... i mean why would i its just tires. handeling is better, but whatever...

however, on my way home from school i pull in to get gas, and as i stop at the pump i hear a groaning from the front. and felt vibration in the pedal. so i drove away and heard it again at the stop sign. so after several different styles of driving to see when i hear it and when not... i came to the conclusion that i only hear it as i'm stopping, but only in the last moments before i actually stop (~7MPH and under).

I Pulled a code on my ABS. shorted pump. but that was weeks ago. and my ABS light has come on when starting the car from the day i bought it (in Jan) and haven't noticed anything weird until now.

i looked around as best i could in the dark and felt around too, but nothing felt or looked out of the ordinary. of course it is dark. i haven't gotten it on a lift yet but will next class. any ideas of what to look for?

4door accord02

Reaction score
im having the same problem after i did my 5 lug swap..it seems to happen when car is about to stop?? my guess is somethin to do w the abs? is there a way to reset the abs?:driving:

slowrider87

Reaction score
yeah, actually i decided after a few close calls and emergency stops that my brakes are working fine... the groaning still happens occasionally, but i'm just blaming it on the shorted pump. i think i'm going to bleed the brakes sometime in the next week and see how that goes. i'll get back to all this when i do.

Back