h22 into a v6 accord

Looneytune

Reaction score
My tranny is destroyed and instead of paying 2000 plus to rebuild, I thought about swapping everything including to a 5 speed how much fabrication will be needed since its a v6 and not a four cylinder?

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
wait so you don't have enough money to rebuild your existing trans but you think you will be able to buy a new motor and trans that isn't made for your car and swap it in for less.

:eh: :eh: :eh: :eh: :eh: :eh: :eh: :eh: :eh: :eh: :eh: :eh:

it would be less money, less work, and more power to just keep your j series and do a 6speed swap.

plus I just can't get over why you would want to swap in a smaller displacement engine with two less cylinders then you already have in hopes of performance gains.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Lol. V6 -> i4 is a no no.

Money to buy a full H22, but no money to rebuild your trans or go to 6 speed?

It's going to be the same price to swap your whole J30 out and swap in a H22, but you get less TQ, less HP, stuck with 5 speed, and might even cost more than the J32 6speed it self with all the custom fab you have to do.

Looneytune

Reaction score
i had no intention for more power, plus my motor has 231,xxx miles. plus i couldnt find the cl-s 6 speed transmission.

Also that is what my friend told me about the custom fabrication for the mounts.

Last edited:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
I guess, but if you have the time, money, and determination to do it then go for it.

I'm just telling you know that it's going to be cheaper and less time consuming to buy a J30 (if you think your current engine is going out) and a automatic trans than to buy a long block H22 and try to fit it in a V6 chassis.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
you want an h22? sell your car and by a 4cyl with a blown motor use the money you have left over to swap a h22 in it. if you shopped around and found good deals you'd spend less that way since the only custom fab on your car is one mount. plus if you got a chassis that was originally a 5speed then you don't have to worry about all the fun to be had when installing the new pedals and everything else needed in a 5speed swap.

you have much searching to do young grasshopper.

Back