H22 is home!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hush

Reaction score
man i hate you so much. :( i love my accord so much i want to drop in an H22a4 too but only when i have play around money and i know my accord will die. but once i know that the F23 is going to go i'll buy my H22 maybe a year before and leave it sitting around, and take it apart so i can upgrade some of the parts. what i plan for my H22 is new pistons new valves and valve springs most likely made out of TI. hehe and get the block resleeved, i wanted cast iron so i can rev on that baby all day long and not worry about anything. i want a bore that puppy out, new crank and i've love to jun cams and new cam gears. get a jun header and ITBs. are you going with a 5 speed swap or your one of the lucky once with a 4 door 5speed?

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Well I'm not going to build the motor just service it before I drop it in. I might change a few things on it for tuning and mild perfomance but no crazy build :) Oh Wildman these are my 7th set of wheels including my stock set in the last 2-3 years it's nuts right lol. I'm done with wheels now hahaha I know I posted pics of the new wheels on other boards but I'll post them up right now here. My car is an auto I can't wait to swap over to stick.

Hush

Reaction score
How much did you pick up the H22 for? and are you doing the install yourself?? i'd love to do the install with friends but all my close friends have never done anything like a motor/tranny swap. But i have other friends i know that can do motor/tranny swaps. they are all 240 and AE86 freaks and they swap in SR20s all day. the only thing i know that we have to do is change out the driver side motor mount and change the tranny mounts if you have an auto. and i know thers ALOT of wiring....

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
dreman said:
Oh Wildman these are my 7th set of wheels including my stock set in the last 2-3 years it's nuts right lol

sounds like my dissability with tail lights, haha. ive had either stock or altezzas, but ive had different styles of both, both styles custom, hahaha. and thankfully, im done now.

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Thanks can't wait to get it done, I'm starting to polish the rest of the motor next week and I already picked up a powder coated valve cover and a new Megan SS header this week.

jwl03

Reaction score
Hush said:
are you going with a 5 speed swap or your one of the lucky once with a 4 door 5speed?

the 5 spd sedan isn't that great imo. The shifter is too tall, and the clutch pedal is deep compared to new cars these days. Sometimes when I drive, it feels like im stomping on it when I'm actually not. Also, even with one of those short shift adapters, the throw between gears is STILL longer than most new cars.

i dunno if anyone else noticed this, but my car seems really hard to drive smooth compared to other stick cars i've driven. Especially the 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd gear. I can make it smooth, but it takes a LOT more effort compared to other cars.

but aside all that, I guess its cool to have the 5 spd. Especially on hills. Most people walk into my car and think that I stuck a shift boot on an automatic transmission. I guess stick sedans for 6th generation was rare maybe?

Hush

Reaction score
I was just asking if he already had a 5 speed becuase it would be an easier swap, and would have to buy less parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back