H22 swapped 6th gen accord running rich

Mastgohn

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 98 accord ex sedan (manual) that I recently swapped an h22a into. I rebuilt everything to stock specs and the internals are almost completely stock. The only difference was that I installed a set of pistons to bump the compression up to 11:1. I have followed the h22 swap thread that drift made almost to the letter. I even took the harness out and chased every wire.

Now here is my problem, the car runs very rich. I have installed an adjustable FPR and set it to stock specs and nothing has changed. The car reeks of fuel when running and it sounds cammed for some reason. I've tried everything I could think of, from stock injectors to all new ignition parts. I am running a 37820-p13-n50 ecu. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Sounds cammed cause it runs pig rich, that is not good when driving/under load.

If you installed a FPR and had no effect, it's possible that means your injectors are just dumping fuel.

That ECU could have the P13 mod/chip which has modified fuel and ignition tables. So the ECU might be set to run a little richer now or just set in a way that it has one continuous flow - ALOT.

You would think that high compression would burn all of it, but....
with an FPR trying to adjust also, having no effect, something might need to be TUNED on the ECU/P13

I'm not familiar with those chips, so not sure if the Country Version matters either, they have 3 different ones.

Matt Taylor

Reaction score
Mine ran very rich after the swap before I adjusted the timing, afterward it seemed to lean out. If it's way off, it won't properly combust the fuel flowing through the chambers.

Back