H22 VS. F20b which one to choose?????

S-spec

Reaction score
PS - it was mentioned before, but make sure the F20B motor was from a manual car. The Autos came with 180 hp, the manuals with 200. If it doesn't have a tranny, or at least a flywheel, chances are it was from an auto. Even if it does have a flywheel...its sketch without the tranny. No reason to split it.

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Yep and be careful most of them on sale or for dirt cheap are F20B Auto's.

lilcharlie

Reaction score
ok thanks guys for the help ima do some more research before i even buy the motor. but ima ppost pics of my whole swap. thanks for all the work.

mando719

Reaction score
if u buy a f20b just look at the throttle cable ring, if it has a provision or extra slot it is for an auto, only supposed to have one slot for one cable, this is a manual transmission engine.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
if u buy a f20b just look at the throttle cable ring, if it has a provision or extra slot it is for an auto, only supposed to have one slot for one cable, this is a manual transmission engine.

Do you know what's the actual differences between the auto and manual f20b? The internals should be identical, I always guessed the difference was mainly in the ecu tune to make the auto more practical. Could be completely wrong though.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Tapatalk

Back