H23a DOHC vtec swap

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
With the power steering, make sure you don't forget to swap over the crank pulley. It might also be a good idea to test fit the ps system to make sure everything fits.

For the disi, it's not too hard if you know even a little bit about wiring. The h23a disi is the same as the h22, so use the h22 schematics. Find an engine side plug that'll fit into the h22 disi side plug. I believe the 5th gen plug fits, but not positive. Best option is to visit a junkyard with your part and test fit it on different ones until you find the one. After that it's just depinning and repinning wires (or cutting and soldering) from your accord harness to the new plug. Take your time staring at h22 and f23 connector diagrams and check your work multiple times. I always recheck my wiring 5 or so times minimum since it's easy mess up

Jf95

Reaction score
Yea im not to good on wiring. Im guessing my f23 distributor wouldnt fit in the h23?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
IDK connectors, but if they look similar, try to swap one wire.

Back when I had DPFI Honda's we did this during MPFI swaps. With the new connector you had to add 2 wires, for a sensor (DPFI = Dx/Lx/STD, 2 sensors, MPFI = Si/Hf/Ex, 3 sensors), but the rest of the wires worked.

619rcr

Reaction score
Do not use the F23 distributor, the sensors and triggering are not the same. If you're not good on wiring you need to find someone who is or step up your wiring game. Get the service manual schematic for your car and an H22 service manual for your year engine (same as H23). Match up the codes for each signal wire. From what I remember from my H22 swap, the dizzy was pretty straight forward, with the exception of having to extend the wires from the crank sensor on the f23 harness to reach the H distributor.

Back