H23a Vtec swap

iviaillet

Reaction score
I'm running my H23A off of a PCD Euro-R ECU, the ECU is OBD2B so it plugged right into my 02 Accord. I wanted to keep my H23A injectors, throttle body, and intake manifold due to the parts being superior to the H22 parts. My car runs mint and is pretty quick.

Craize

Reaction score
yeah I couldn't believe how well its doing and I got lucky so far the engine seems really clean inside & out! some new pics got the header wrapped and installed just waiting on my test pipe and I wont have to worry about the rear O2 sensor cause the jdm ecu doesn't use it lol.

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's one of the cleanest header wrap jobs i've ever seen. most look like crap but yours looks pretty uniform and tight, great job on doing that.
And i think this is the most straight forward swap i've seen as well. You don't seem to have had any issues at all.

Craize

Reaction score
Well the first glitch found today after running it for a while is that the cooling fans are not coming on even with the A/C on so applied power to the fans connectors and they run so next I crossed the fan switch with a paper clip and nothing so I need to check the relay and any fuses related with the fans. Bought the car after it had overheated and blew its headgasket so maybe I just found out why! LOL

cgfive227

Reaction score
For some reason on my H23 the vtec isnt kicking in...it still stutters and bucks when it gets to 5500???....is that a vtec solenoid. I took it apart and cleaned it out really good and replaced the gasket and nothing??? What did you find out when you fixed your vtec?

Craize

Reaction score
For some reason on my H23 the vtec isnt kicking in...it still stutters and bucks when it gets to 5500???....is that a vtec solenoid. I took it apart and cleaned it out really good and replaced the gasket and nothing??? What did you find out when you fixed your vtec?

I fixed my Vtec?
Crap I've barely driven it the fans still are not coming on lol.

Craize

Reaction score
Alright got to check wiring to fans today and figured out my problem. It ended up being a stupid mistake when I was lengthening the wire for the fan switch I grabbed the wire to the vtec oil pressure switch!:hands: LOL, This engine and ecu doesn't use the vtec oil pressure switch so no harm no foul- switched wires and now fans work perfectly. Now I need to get this thing registered so I can drive it down the highway.......

Bense

Reaction score
Looking good Craize. Any way that you can give us a nice clear picture of your head stamps?

Back