Halo Headlights

HillACCORD

Reaction score
thanks for your opinions, i think im giong to save up and get the tyc's

angelusnhc

Reaction score
no one is saying anything about putting hids in the ebay ones. i believe if you do that then they will be fine.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
i say save up even more and get a retro...keep an eye out for a used set or something..would be worth it in the end..i have had oem headlights, halo, and on my 2nd retro..and retro is where it is at

angelplus

Reaction score
retro > all other bull**** out there.

retrofits will cost you about 1000 +

TYCs with HIDs you're looking at around 300?

TYCs without HIDs maybe 170? I've seen them for lower prices but I dont know what the market it like out there for those...

egay fake projector lights - dont bother, not to affend anyone but they look lame, people know you bought them off ebay and they are just all around cheap.

your best bet is to go with the TYCs, that seems to be a good affordable/functional headlight

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I won't take offence, since I am planning on doing a retro and sold my stock headlights to a friend who was ready to go ahead with his retro. Stupid me sold a set of headlights that I REALLY should have hung on to though(not the OEM ones).

Anyway, no tall retros will cost $1000, unless you get some serious custom work done. There are cheaper ones out there, that are still great quality.

If that is out of your budget, then a set of TYC's with HID should be your next option.

Phut

Reaction score
i have ebay projectors right now because my boy is re-blackhousing my stocks. let me tell you, i cannot see JACK. they are disgustingly bad.

go for TYCs or stay stock.
i think if i went with the TYC's back then, i would've kept them on for quite a while. i have to agree with you on the ebay projectors.

i only bought them cause i thought it looked cool. i was mostly influenced by a bmw that pulled up behind me and i saw the halos in the headlight so i had to have a set similar to it.

my first night with having them installed on my car, i was stoked about it. but i noticed the light output was pretty ****ty compared to my stock ones. then i went for a drive and the passenger side burnt out. changed the bulb the next day and it burnt out two weeks later. kept persisting and both headlights was pissing me off cause they'd shut off and on.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
i just bought some hids. does the ebay projectors take h1 bulbs. i should have asked before i bought them but its not to late to change my bulb size.

Phut

Reaction score
so you ended up buying those crappy ebay projectors?

Styrofoam_Guy

Reaction score
Before I found this forum and knew about TYCs I got some halos from a local guy. I like how thay look but the output is not as bright as the stock ones. I put in HIDs in the low beams and love them.

My Halos take H1 and H3 bulbs

When I got the HID kit I got the H1 bulb but the plug from the ballast fits the plug for my harness so it was all plug and play.

Back