hard clutch

hulccord

Reaction score
im recently got my first manual transmissiom car and the clutch seems reallt stiff, squeaks, and is really sensitive. I dont know what the problem is and i this has happened to you, is it normal or do i need a new clutch?

9450erick

Reaction score
the good new that i can tell you is that your clutch seems to be working properly.
is this ur 1st manual car experience? if it is the clutch pedal seems stiff because you are new to it. once you get used to it i wont feel as stiff.
also the sensitivity of the clutch means its a good clutch.
the squeak probably means that you have a bad(or semi bad) master cylinder.(probably the o-ring tore but you can still ride like that)
sign to bad clutch.
1) doesn't engage your gears(try putting the clutch all the way in and going through all the gears, go the through the gear about 3 times, see if you hear any grinding noises or its hard to get into a gear)
2) clutch is slipping(which means going slow at high rpms, you can feel when the clutch slips, doesn't grab the flywheel as hard)
also its better to stall which i think u have a couple of times rather than burning the clutch
(burning the clutch is when you go to high rpm and let the clutch go out slowly, you'll smell the burning if you do this)

Back