Harsh Jerking between 1500~2500rpm

jwong512

Reaction score
Hopefully everything is good after replacing the sensor. I would check your transmission fluid and even if it's red, I would replace it anyways just to be on the safe side. Honda has released a new fluid called DW-1 and it's a full synthetic. It seems to have helped the transmissions as it has a higher heat tolerance which is what causes our transmission to fail. I put some in my car and it shifts much faster than before and it's smoother as well.

Meant2Live

Reaction score
Hopefully everything is good after replacing the sensor. I would check your transmission fluid and even if it's red, I would replace it anyways just to be on the safe side. Honda has released a new fluid called DW-1 and it's a full synthetic. It seems to have helped the transmissions as it has a higher heat tolerance which is what causes our transmission to fail. I put some in my car and it shifts much faster than before and it's smoother as well.

Will be taking it to the service centre tomorrow to get the sensor cleaned again, and will place an order for a new sensor. I'm buisy with studies for another week at least now. So the delay isn't all that painful. Will ask for the tranny fluid to be changed along with the sensor.
The last time when I asked for a tranny fluid change, they refused saying that its necessary only after 120k kms(its at 98,xxx)kms right now, but 10yr old fluids give me the goosebumps!

Meant2Live

Reaction score
*Update*
Sorry for the delay guys, been held up with my studies.
Ordered a new knock sensor off ebay, should arrive in a week or 2.
And now, I think my cat's busted. Im getting all kinds of wierd smelling exhaust fumes.
Is there any way I can delete the cat completely without effecting my gas mileage? I dont mind the drop in the torque.
If not, will high flow cats off ebay work? or do I need to buy a good one.[Will a Magnaflow 99354HM fit??]
Thanks in advance :)

Back