Header on F23A4 ULEV..

JDMFanatik

Reaction score
Hello if i put headers on a auto F23A4 would it give me a cel code becuase its ULEV or would it ruin my 02 sensor becuase it has more flow and the ecu reads it differently?

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Headers on F23A4 ULEV..

THIS IS A VERY GOOD QUESTION. TY FOR ASKING, cuz im bout to get a header too. Btw i also have a ulev.

pyaarawala

Reaction score

I have a ULEV and after putting on my OBX header I didn't get any CEL. Might've been different for others though.

nyknick1015

Reaction score

i got ulev and no CEL... so NO... you will only get a CEL if u dont put back the o2 sensor back all the way

hiddengamer7

Reaction score

I dont know why you would put more than one header on a 4 cyl, that seems like a waste of money to me :thinking:

Maybe if you put 2 on, you would get twice the flow? If you did that though, the O2 sensor would definitely go out, because the extra flow would blow out the CAT, and all that debris would make the sensor sh!t it's pants. Either way, you are gonna have to rebuild your whole exhaust system putting headers on, the hangers would have to be removed, direct welds to the frame are superior. That way the exhaust doesnt flex, which makes it last longer (metal isnt supposed to bend...) and your flow isnt interrupted. The power differences will be very clear at about 7,000 rpm, especially if you run a full 3" exhaust.

Back