headlight amber strip light

chino581991

Reaction score
So I've tried searching threads to see if there are any post but I couldn't find any. So my problem is whenever i open/lock my doors or have my lights on, the amber strip lights don't always come on.

Earlier today when i was going to my car, I noticed the left strip wasn't lighting up so I figured it might be the bulb. But later on when i did the same procedure, both strips lit up and were lit even when the lights were on. Could this be because the bulb is losing life or do something with the wiring to the strip?

Hopefully not the wiring because i just got my fogs and i was planning on crossing them with the parking lights instead of using a switch relay

GravitySucks

Reaction score
Check to make sure the plastic piece the bulbs go into is tight with the headlight assembly. I had problems with this with the turn signals on my previous accord after getting into a fender bender that tore up the driver side head light. Might be a loose wire going into the harness as well. You can pull it and mess around with the connector pretty easily from the engine bay unless you've got NBA player sized hands.

chino581991

Reaction score
Check to make sure the plastic piece the bulbs go into is tight with the headlight assembly. I had problems with this with the turn signals on my previous accord after getting into a fender bender that tore up the driver side head light. Might be a loose wire going into the harness as well. You can pull it and mess around with the connector pretty easily from the engine bay unless you've got NBA player sized hands.

OK thanks, I'll give that a try when I take my headlights apart.

If I can't fix it, when I tap my fog lights into the parking lights, will they act the same way or it should power fine when I have the lights on?

Back