FS: Heated seat cubby hole

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
1780631_10201472500229669_1390550989_n.jpg

Is this what you guys are talking about? (cubby hole)

I have a question for you guys has anyone tried hooking up one of the RSX heated seats? Do you guys think its possible? I would assume so if wires are provided for the RSX seats and also the accord heated switches. Right?

Last edited:

tknightt

Reaction score
there is enough interest to warrant a scrapyard visit. I hope everyone that expressed an interest will actually buy one as I will be purchasing them on your behalf.

I should drop by friday afternoon, I will let everyone know how many I was able to get.

anyone that changes they mind before then is quite alright, just let me know beforehand

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1780631_10201472500229669_1390550989_n.jpg[IMG]
Is this what you guys are talking about? (cubby hole)

I have a question for you guys has anyone tried hooking up one of the RSX heated seats? Do you guys think its possible? I would assume so if wires are provided for the RSX seats and also the accord heated switches. Right?[/quote]

Yeah, the trim piece from the Canuckistanian 6GA’s. It is possible to wire up heated seats, but it’s not as simple as you might think. For awhile now I’ve been looking at wiring up CL-S heated seats, and it’s not simply a matter of wiring the seats to the switches (although it might be possible to do it this way). Part of the heated seat harness intersects the main dash harness and goes to the ECU I would think. So you have harnesses between the seat plugs, the switches, and the ECU. I don’t know why it would need to go to the ECU other than to make sure the seats turn off when you turn the car off. But there are switched ports under the dash you could possibly wire them to for that. I have my radar detector integrated into one that powers it down when I turn the car off.

I just found a pair of ‘06 RSX-S seats and they aren’t heated…only certain ones were?

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
Yeah, the trim piece from the Canuckistanian 6GA’s. It is possible to wire up heated seats, but it’s not as simple as you might think. For awhile now I’ve been looking at wiring up CL-S heated seats, and it’s not simply a matter of wiring the seats to the switches (although it might be possible to do it this way). Part of the heated seat harness intersects the main dash harness and goes to the ECU I would think. So you have harnesses between the seat plugs, the switches, and the ECU. I don’t know why it would need to go to the ECU other than to make sure the seats turn off when you turn the car off. But there are switched ports under the dash you could possibly wire them to for that. I have my radar detector integrated into one that powers it down when I turn the car off.

I just found a pair of ‘06 RSX-S seats and they aren’t heated…only certain ones were?

Like the accord it was only the Canadian ones that came with the heated option. I was asking because I've been planning on getting RSX seats for my car so if I'm going to make that transition might as well attempt the heated. Sounds complicated though. You lost me when you mentioned it wires into the ecu. (AEM :-( ) I see the logic in why wiring it to the ECU for safety reasons upon turning off the car and I'm sure there are ways around that. Wonder if not having it connected to the ECU would cause any issues.

(Reread your post IDK how I skipped past what you did for your radar detector lol Something like that could def be done for the seats of that is the only reason why it connects to the ECU)

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I just assume it’s the ECU because I don’t know why else the heater wiring would intersect the dash harness. Of course, the seats have to get their power draw from somewhere too, not sure where that happens. So basically someone who has the wiring diagrams or the physical harnesses could tell us what is going on/what goes where, etc if they follow where the heater wiring intersects the dash harness to its ending point.

I would rather not worry about seat wiring going to the ECU, and use a switched port if any of the other 3 I’m not using would accomplish cutting power to them when I turn the car off. Otherwise, you would have to wire the seats to something else that turns off when you turn off the car, or just remember to make sure the heater switches are switched to off every time you’re done using them.

Another variable is how much of the heating wiring is grouped with the electric motor wiring...might be hard to separate them.

Why oh why couldn't Honda have just put heated seats in the USDM 6GA...I will never understand. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tknightt

Reaction score
I have additional info you will be interested in

the are only 2 harnesses in the dashboard.

#1-The main harness: plugs into the dash harness on the driver see (see #2) as well as fuse boxes on each side, it also plugs into the steering column and heated seats

#2-The dash harness: plugs into the cluster, the climate control, the ECU, the OBD2 port and harness #1.

The heated seats do not require connections to the ECU whatsoever.

The heated seat pigtails are part of the main harness

twofast4u

Reaction score
Why oh why couldn't Honda have just put heated seats in the USDM 6GA...I will never understand. :rolleyes:

That would have been TOO EASY! Gotta always keep it interesting.

BTW the heated seats were real nice this morning! :p

Back