Heater Control Switches stop working randomly.. intermittently

2000AccordSE

Reaction score
Hi All,

New member here, and already an urgency..

2000 Honda Accord SE

For last couple of days, switches the airflow direction, rear defroster, AC and temperature control knob stops and starts working randomly. The blower speed control continues to work.

I haven't observed any other electrical issues.

I read that the replacement of heater control is about $300 plus labor.

Also, this is kinda urgent because it is getting chilly in the morning, and I can't defog the rear window or windshield.

Also, the light behind the blower control knob has stopped working..

Please help. :confused:

Thanks,

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
No, I have not.. could you tell me which fuse to check exactly and where?

I'm not sure, but check the driver side and passenger side dash boards, when you open the door youll see a small area on the side of the dash that you can take out. Youll see something har might say center console.

PHAT97EX

Reaction score
My 2000 accord did the same thing. Sometimes it worked sometimes it wouldnt. Lights would blink on n off. Fan speed worked but couldnt control temp and vents. Turned out to be the circuit board for controls. Got one from a local salvage yard and swapped them out and that solved the issue. Cost me about $30 and swapped out myself. Hope this helps!

2000AccordSE

Reaction score
My 2000 accord did the same thing. Sometimes it worked sometimes it wouldnt. Lights would blink on n off. Fan speed worked but couldnt control temp and vents. Turned out to be the circuit board for controls. Got one from a local salvage yard and swapped them out and that solved the issue. Cost me about $30 and swapped out myself. Hope this helps!

Looks like I am going to have to do the same thing. I checked the fuse, which is by the way #3 from the bottom on the driver side, and it turned out to be OK. I checked the continuity with a multi-meter and it showed 0 ohms.

How easy was it to replace the heater control?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Scott

Reaction score
I found that it wasn't too difficult to replace. The trick is to take out the digital clock to disconnect the cables. -- Scott, '98 Accord

Back