Heater Core or AC Drain Plug

maximus017

Reaction score
I have been having a real issue with my carpet getting wet...A few weeks ago I completely dismantled the entire interior, to dry my carpet out...and tried to find the cause of my leak. I searched on here, and well came to 2 conclusions, either it was my Heater Core or Ac Drain Plug. I figured it was my ac drain plug, and i cleared out the drain plug..but yesterday, my carpet was wet. Over the weekend I used the AC and yesterday i was using the heater (damn texas weather)...Since I have had both the heater and AC on recently, i wanted to get you guys opinion what it could be. If the passenger side is the only side that is wet...is it the AC Drain Plug? Or could the heater core leak towards the passenger side? (from what I have read the driver side should be wet, if its the heater core)

HELP???

finch13

Reaction score
^ x2.

Try using just your heat for a week or so, if it's still pretty wet you can bet on the heater core. With the heat knob on cold, and A/C on for a long-ish drive take a few sharp turns. If the A/C condenser pan drain is plugged, it should douche all over the floor.

maximus017

Reaction score
I think I have found the issue, it looks like its the AC guess the next few days ill be tearin the interior out, drying the carpet and finding exactly where the water is dripping from! Ill update once I get everything figured out!

Back