Heating Problem after car is turned on

BatMan

Reaction score
Loosening the temp sender would be extremely difficult as it's right under the distributor and the only way I got to replace it last time was to remove the dist, and even then it was a ***** to remove it.

Anyways, the problem had gone away for over a week, I had been driving, short trips, long trips, turning my car on and off several times and nothing had happened. But now last night it did it again.

I am at a total loss as to what to do...replace what??? I am driving to Victorville on Saturday for my sisters bday and I want to fix this before that but I don't know what to do.

Fawk.

BatMan

Reaction score
So I did a round trip from Alhambra to Victorville on Saturday, 160 miles, only stopping once when I arrived at my Mom's house and my car was fine. But yesterday once again after driving for 20 minutes and turning off the car and coming back to it the needle goes up to the H...I'm so lost.

nsjames

Reaction score
the temp sender is based on resistance. Unplug and clean all the connections, make sure they are secure and the problem may go away.

I'd say head to harbor friehgt or something and buy an IR temp gauge. When the guage freaks out, get out and measure the temp at the thermo housing. If it's not anything more than 210 your car is not overheating and the gauge is lying.

Back