Heavier coilover springs

Reaction score
If they're regular 2.5"springs, you can buy springs from hypercoil or eibach. Revalving shocks is going to depend on the manufacturer

lowoffset

Reaction score
you can call them to see what they can do. i am not convinced that ff2's can accommodate really stiff springs. they adjust rebound and compression at the same time. ff2.5's give you 2 way adjustability, ff2's don't. with 2.5's you can create a bias between the two. I really wouldn't bother trying to go too stiff unless you want to track, but who really tracks accords anyways. ff2's should serve you well so long as they are matched to what the were built to take within reason. if you want stiff thats comfortable AND safe, you will have to spend some major money unfortunately on some ohlins or some other exotic stuff.

Reaction score
Most shocks valving is only good for a range of a few hundred pounds, example 400-800lb/in

I don't know what rates the FF2's are valved for, but chances are 900lb/in(16k) is way too high for stock valving and the spring will end up less than optimally controlled.

snydas1987

Reaction score
how would i go about working out if i need to revalve my shocks? I was also thinking that the adjustment FF type 2's have could be enough to handle say 10kg rears and 18 or 20kg fronts if run at fully adjusted stiff.
What sort of costs would i be looking at for revalving? and is it a job where i can purchase the needed parts and do the revalving myself or is it more of a experienced job???
cheers guys
snyds

lowoffset

Reaction score
revalving is really very simple and straight forward. watch youtube videos. acquiring the correct shims and such is probably the hardest part.

lowoffset

Reaction score
but honestly i don't think you'll like 20k springs. or 18k. suspension needs to travel to be effective. good performance is about balance.

lowoffset

Reaction score
but to answer your question directly... you should call tuning shops in your area or stop by and pick their brain. they will either sell you the gear, refer you to someone who will, and point you in the right direction. they will employ spe******ts who will likely be happy to talk to you about what they do. or they will be ****s who want you to pay for them to do the work for you and keep you in the dark. could go either way but eventually someone will help you.

Back