help asap. running out of daylight

angelusnhc

Reaction score
idk if this helps any but i got the rca thing tapped into the 2 rear speakers and the rca's going the the input on the amp

angelusnhc

Reaction score
oh sorry. idk what i was thinking. i mean the volume on the amp is less than half way turned up. anything close to the halfway point or past that makes the speakers distort.

I4 CG5

Reaction score
Have you tried fidgeting with the bass and treble levels. You said earlier that the bass was almost all the way down. So since tuning the gain on your amp distorts your speakers, does that mean your sub AND your rear speakers are being powered by your amp? I've never worked with these rca adapter thingys

angelusnhc

Reaction score
Have you tried fidgeting with the bass and treble levels. You said earlier that the bass was almost all the way down. So since tuning the gain on your amp distorts your speakers, does that mean your sub AND your rear speakers are being powered by your amp? I've never worked with these rca adapter thingys

idk if they are powered by the amp or not. i never used them period either. :-(

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
holy **** just buy an aftermarket head unit...problem solved!

no need for a ****ing "rca thing":slap:
or you should pay the $60 and get it corrected since you have no idea whats going on

98accordEX

Reaction score
im running a kicker solar baric l7 10' sub and a db 1000.2 amp. and the rca thing is adjustable and its turned all the way up. and the amp i dont the volume less than half bc it sounds like the speakers distort past that. the bass is next to off as well and the frequency is in the middle
oh sorry. idk what i was thinking. i mean the volume on the amp is less than half way turned up. anything close to the halfway point or past that makes the speakers distort.

I would recommend turning the rca thing down to about 3/4 or even less so maybe that way you can turn up the gains on your amp without distortion and hopefully more volume too (is that still your problem? the speakers are not playing loud enough??? I think I read about this somewhere else too....maybe under clean sweep.
Just a thought, sorry if I am way off here.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
I would recommend turning the rca thing down to about 3/4 or even less so maybe that way you can turn up the gains on your amp without distortion and hopefully more volume too (is that still your problem? the speakers are not playing loud enough??? I think I read about this somewhere else too....maybe under clean sweep.
Just a thought, sorry if I am way off here.

thanks ill try that. also do i need the front and rear speakers connected to this thing or do i just need the rear speakers only? i got just the rears connected to it.

dynasty

Reaction score
thanks ill try that. also do i need the front and rear speakers connected to this thing or do i just need the rear speakers only? i got just the rears connected to it.

if your hooking up subwoofers, you should only run the amp to the subs. if your running your amp to your component speakers. then you need a seperately amp. make sure the amp isn't too powerful for those speakers.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
if your hooking up subwoofers, you should only run the amp to the subs. if your running your amp to your component speakers. then you need a seperately amp. make sure the amp isn't too powerful for those speakers.

its just to my sub only

Back