Help me become an eighteener...

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
The rub will be on the rear bumper tabs. If you look inside your rear wheel well, you can see a spot where the rear bumper attaches and there is a small screw on either side. The tire rubs on the plastic tab that sticks out. If you want to get rid of the rubbing (if you even have it) you can shave that tab down some.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for their comments, really helping me out. Something else I was wondering...with this setup will these wheels protrude beyond my wheel wells very much? I figured it will a little on the bottom fore and aft of the wheel well since the body curves under, but at the top of the fender is where I'm hoping the tire is even...

finch13

Reaction score
The wheels won't stick out too much. I run +45mm, so you will stick out 5mm farther than me, which is hardly noticeable.

washnwax4.jpg

Last edited:

Accord281

Reaction score
The rear camber can be adjusted without camber kits

How is that? Everywhere I've read (including Haynes) says camber is not adjustable on our cars, front or rear.

The wheels won't stick out too much. I run +45mm, so you will stick out 5mm farther than me, which is hardly noticeable.

Keep in mind the wheels he is thinking about are an inch narrower so he will actually probably stick out a little less.

I roll on 225/40/18 +45 on 8" width. I am dropped about 3" and rub a little on the front right on fairly bad bumps with the fender liner still in. You will have no problems.

finch13

Reaction score
How is that? Everywhere I've read (including Haynes) says camber is not adjustable on our cars, front or rear.

Keep in mind the wheels he is thinking about are an inch narrower so he will actually probably stick out a little less.

I roll on 225/40/18 +45 on 8" width. I am dropped about 3" and rub a little on the front right on fairly bad bumps with the fender liner still in. You will have no problems.

I agree, camber is NOT adjustable from without a camber kit. If you've ever taken the wheel off and looked around you'll see there is no adjustment.

And yeah, I wasn't 100% sure how offset and wheel width work out together. I've always thought offset = the distance from the outside rim to the inner side of the wheel center... hard to explain.

Accord281

Reaction score
I agree, camber is NOT adjustable from without a camber kit. If you've ever taken the wheel off and looked around you'll see there is no adjustment.

And yeah, I wasn't 100% sure how offset and wheel width work out together. I've always thought offset = the distance from the outside rim to the inner side of the wheel center... hard to explain.

Haha yeah there are so many different measurements that it is hard to keep straight. Offset=distance from vertical center of wheel to mounting face.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What rims are you planning to get?

I remember asking you about ASA's in your member's ride thread, and I was looking at those for a while because they make a few good lookin ones. Yours are sweet.

But I found a set of pristine RH Evo C2000's 18x7.5 +40 that I am drooling over (and have been since I saw them on a coupe the first time), so hoping everything works out with picking those up! :naughtyrun:

Back