help me fix my brakes please, new MC and bled already.

Mark2001Accord

Reaction score
4 years went by and you did nt fix the issue? Oh.

Forget the prop valve for now. How are you bleeding the brakes? Start at the master. Then the farthest to closest bleeder. I do not have ABS on either my Hondas. Look in the manual and see it there is a different procedure for ABS or a bypass mode to bleed.

My bleeds are one person pumping and another to crack open the bleeder. Need to pump it up a couple times to get the bubbles at the front end of the bleed burst. UP -up, driver pumps and holds down. DOWN-down, and cracker opens at first down, closes on second signaling completion. So the driver now lifts off brake. Window open communication. Depress to floor. Dont lift off the brake until the cracker closes the bleeder.

Last edited:

White6GAV6

Reaction score
I'm not the OP, but I'm having the exact same issues cause by the exact same thing so I figured I would pump the thread since all the info is here already. I know how to correctly bleed the brakes and have bled each corner well over 10 times without any air coming out.

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Can you hear air near the brake booster when you compress the brake pedal? You can try soap water and spray around the inside duster cover and all along the outside of the booster and watch for bubbles when you compress the pedal. If its not the booster than chances are you got a bad master cylinder. Ive had my fair share of them be bad right out the box. Im guessing you did bench bleed the master before installing.

White6GAV6

Reaction score
I'll have to double check the air sound. I do know that the booster hold a vacuum momentarily after the engine shuts off, so I believe it is still good. I'm not sure how a bad boost would cause a soft pedal, if anything I think it would make it stiffer.

I replaced the seal between the MC and the booster when I replaces the MC, it seems new and dry. I'll do some more investigating. I just don't understand how/why the brakes when spongy from me compressing the front calipers in without opening the system.

Back