Help on Subwoofer Blaupunkt

Bullet99

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need help on a sub that is being offered to me. not really knowledgeable so your inputs will be highly appreciated.item below. planning to put this to my 99 sedan. considering that the car is a little bigger as compared to other sedans, and having a large and very spacious compartment, will this this actually work or even have effects as to the bass output? i think this is just 8". will this be a good buy? i dont really want a very loud bass, just want a decent and have an extra 'kick' while playing my music. if this does not help on the bass or will just have very little or unnoticeable effects, then might as well not get it.

my concern is because the trunk is very big, will the bass actually reach the interior of the car?

another thing, which on the below specs should dictate the power of the sub? this is 140 watts, what are the wattage level of active subs now adays? understand that this item is kind of old.

thank you very much!

http://www.bluespot.co.uk/car-audio.aspx/odsb8000a-speaker

Blaupunkt ODsb8000A active subwoofer speaker key features
Active Subwoofer speaker system.
200 mm diameter speaker with passive radiator.
Max. Power 140 Watts.
RMS Power 70 Watts.
Max. acoustic pressure 136 dB (2,83 V/1 m).
Frequency response 30 - 120 Hz.
Impedanz active system.
Membrane material SPC.
Dimensions (WxHxD in mm) 288 x 274 x 238.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
You'll hear it.

But at only 70 watts its not going to do much and I don't think would even be worth the cost of the wiring to install it. Even if you get it for free

Bullet99

Reaction score
Thank you, means it will not improve sound quality even just a little? will not add the extra kick? hpow about under seat subs? if i want to have a decent bass, what can you recommend? means I should be checking the RMS wattage to determine the power of the sub?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
RMS means the most, to make it simple.

Like I said, you'll hear it. But you'll most likely be unsatisfied later on.

I would recommend spending the money to go bigger, at least on power. You can get better 8" subs if you're trying to save space.

Do you have a budget?

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Even assuming the sub will be 90db 1w/1m sensitive somewhere in it's passband, that's less than 110db at 70W/1m. That means, for someone who enjoys energetic music and with the rear seats NOT folded down the sub will need to play to maximum capacity all the time just to keep up at medium volume. Bad idea. It might be ok with the seats folded down but do not expect too much.

But what are the other options you have in the Philippines?

Last edited:

ujinyuki

Reaction score
140 watts at max is too low for having a decent bass sound... Try something else

Back