Help Please my car sputters after new swap

J0hnalex

Reaction score
So sheesh guys not even 300 miles on my new swap. I did a f23 ken swap new clutch kit timing belt water pump ect. Driving how yesterday and I was in 5 gear crushing around town and tapped the gas to accelerate a little and boom car bucked liked crazy keep in mind I have the 5 speed manual so I don't believe it to be a slipping trans but I'm like so pisses cuz I just threw all this money at the car and this ****. So last night I'm driving home from work and I was kinda late to pick up my girl so I'm crusin a little quickly and this problem only happened in like 4 th or 5th gear but it happened last night first to 5th it's so strange it feels like the engine is breaking up but there no cel anyone experience this please lmk ASAP!

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
You need a better description of what's going on and how it happens.
Having said that, I'd say check the grounds. One wasn't tightened all the way on my car and only lost contact going forward. Made it bounce like crazy and wouldn't move

cg6soldado

Reaction score
You need a better description of what's going on and how it happens.
Having said that, I'd say check the grounds. One wasn't tightened all the way on my car and only lost contact going forward. Made it bounce like crazy and wouldn't move

Please be more specific.. What he said ^^^^

J0hnalex

Reaction score
While accelerating the engine looses power and regains power speractly. Making the car jut forward almost if you where to slam on your breaks at a low speed and begin to continue

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Yeah I'd make sure all grounds and connectors are properly secure. Even if they look good, maybe they wiggle loose under certain circumstances and wiggle back into place. That's what I normally look for first.
It only happens in 4th and 5th gears? Or does it more seem like it happens at certain speeds/under certain driving styles?

twofast4u

Reaction score
Yeah I'd make sure all grounds and connectors are properly secure. Even if they look good, maybe they wiggle loose under certain circumstances and wiggle back into place. That's what I normally look for first.
It only happens in 4th and 5th gears? Or does it more seem like it happens at certain speeds/under certain driving styles?

+1 on grounds. Even one missing can cause problems

J0hnalex

Reaction score
it seams to be only when im slowly accelerating once im passed 3 thousand rpm its good but from a launch and 3 grand and under is where the problem is

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like elec prob.

Check engine bay, thoroughly, loose/misplaced junk.

J0hnalex

Reaction score
Well the problem is solved guys!

Ok first of all this is the reason you change ya dam oil!
I took my mechanic for a ride he thought it was a ground... Go though all the gounds everything is tight and making a soils connection... His face lights up and goes ahh Vtech... He barely speaks any English so I didn't understand what he ment at all..

He breaks of a 12mm and a 10mm removed the egr valve and rips off the vtech solenoid... The screen was clogged causing my car to buck like a crazy misfire!

So morel to this story if you don't change your oil... Your car will run like ****!!!

Thanks for everyone's help by the way!!!:party52:

Back