Help please!

2kaccord

Reaction score
I lost my keys yesterday and I need to start my accord...i do have a spare key but it wont crank it, but it will open the door. I have a 2000 4cyl and i need to start it in the meantime before i go get another key....any help is greatly appreciated

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Here's the steps to hotwire it:

I kid. I am guessing your spare key is just a cut key and does not have the transponder. Do you have anyone that can drive you to the dealership?

2kaccord

Reaction score
for the next few days, nope. i know i should wait but im impatient :\

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sucks. Well I may be wrong but I think you need a factory key to start the car.

98acclude

Reaction score
here they require the car to be at the dealership because they have to program it there... this happened to me before I swapped the h in and got rid of the damn immobilzer and I had to pay to have my car towed... all they can do at the dealership I think is cut the key with your vin but they cant program it because they need to get their reprogram tool hooked up to you're ecu via the obd2 slot... I know at the nissan dealership we need the car also and require all keys to cut and reprogram another key because it renders the other key usless... :( sorry to hear about that because I've been there and it's a pain in the ***.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
how much would making a spare /actual key with the remote run for at the stealership?

98acclude

Reaction score
when I went (about 3 years ago) it cost me about 89 bucks for the reprogram and then about 20 bucks for the key...

at nissan on the new nissans it cost about 200 bucks after it's all said and done but hopefully it's not that bad now! but those come with the key inside of the remote (ikey) and it's also probably that much also because they're all push start now and dont require you putting a key inside of a slot at all, well some of them have a port to put the ikey in and then push the push start button they do that though so if the battery dies in the remote then it will still register that there is a key still

Last edited:

2kaccord

Reaction score
ahhh understood. i appreciate the help.. had to give it a shot that ha

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
A mobile locksmith will be able to make you a new key and program it to the car. I did it.

Back