HELP! Smoke (and fire?) from engine bay!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
it was a recall on my dad's 08 tsx, but not on my mom's 06 crv :eh:

exact same engine (except for a couple head differences)...

dwn2thalastroac

Reaction score
it was a recall on my dad's 08 tsx, but not on my mom's 06 crv :eh:

exact same engine (except for a couple head differences)...

yea, my neice had the same problem with her TSX. Drove it til the power steering completely was fu*ked.

Last edited:

dwn2thalastroac

Reaction score
Do you have a 2004 TL? If so the power steering hose was a safety recall that should have been done a LONG time ago. To the best of my knowledge nothing like this has been recalled on 6G V6's.

Yes, it is, I just recently sold my RSX-S to pick it up. Best decision I made since im too lazy to drive stick. Especially with LA traffic:coffee:.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
LOL....when that car was purchased new it must have never been back to the dealer after that. Acura is pretty good about safety recalls.

dwn2thalastroac

Reaction score
LOL....when that car was purchased new it must have never been back to the dealer after that. Acura is pretty good about safety recalls.

I checked one MyAcura and the original owner did have it fixed for the transmission recall.

Anywho i got it fixed at SOUTH COAST ACURA, and they scratched my car. in the process of getting it handled :(. About 6 inches across and it reached the base coat

Millz

Reaction score
wow can't believe you risked ur car more than once to being set ablaze... wtf is wrong with you

get AAA and call it a day

good to hear ur getting it handled though

dwn2thalastroac

Reaction score
wow can't believe you risked ur car more than once to being set ablaze... wtf is wrong with you

get AAA and call it a day

good to hear ur getting it handled though

HAHAHA, at well at first I didnt see the fire til i got home, so I didnt reeeeeeally purposely do it the first time.

but hey, at the end of the day, i saved 150 i can put to gas, considering gas in cali is reaching avg. $4.35+ for 91 octane. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Millz

Reaction score
HAHAHA, at well at first I didnt see the fire til i got home, so I didnt reeeeeeally purposely do it the first time.

but hey, at the end of the day, i saved 150 i can put to gas, considering gas in cali is reaching avg. $4.35+ for 91 octane. :thumbsup:

here its $1.40 per liter for the lowest octane... quit yr *****ing :inouteek:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Could have been worse. Hope you are able to get that taken care of under the recall.

Back