Help.......

jonblizz

Reaction score
Are there any products i can use to reverse the effects of my paint oxidating !! i do have a paint guy but i was wondering if there was something Cheaper or DIY out there that maybe i wasn't aware of?

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
depends on how bad it has gotten..Meguiars has a few things

one would be their Deep Crystal System Paint cleaner or their colorx might work..

check out their site for some products..but if it has gotten really bad then your probably out of luck

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
if ur clear is going bad, only way is to reclear tht section again if the paint damage isn't too bad.... if it's bad, u need to repaint tht section as well

jonblizz

Reaction score
if ur clear is going bad, only way is to reclear tht section again if the paint damage isn't too bad.... if it's bad, u need to repaint tht section as well

Damn thats exactly whats happening and its weird cus its onlt this one section of my car i would think it would occur evenly all over the dam car!!

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Oxidation is when your paint gets faded, which is more what happens on a single stage, then you can polish.

But yeah, once the clear coat is damaged, you can't reallly do anything to fix it outside off reclearing.

If it's small, you can wetsand the old clear off in that spot in polish. It will be noticeable up close but but from like 5 ft away, you can't tell. It will just be a dull spot. I did that only my talon when i had trouble, it eventually got so bad i stopped trying.

Is it only on the roof? Or on the roof, hood, trunk, any of those places really. That's pretty common on alot of imports with dark paint. You can repaint those places and be pretty sure it won't happen on other pannels. It's sort of a gamble though.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
For sure, yeah, if it's not terrible, wetsand the clear coat off that is white looking. It will be more obvious on a door than the roof, it will be duller. You could even try reclearing it but if you are using spray, the only thing i've used that got remotely close to factory is "instant clear" that i bought from the eastwood co. On the roof, having a bit of a dull spot is no big deal. On the door however, you may just want to get it professionally done.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
are you sure it's oxidizing and not surface contaminants?

If it's surface contaminants, try using Meguiar's DACP w/ random orbital buffer. It does miracles for more jobs :)

Back