Hey one more newbie here.!!!

David

Reaction score
Hello Guys

David here. I am newbie to this site and this is my first post. I found this site on google search because I was searching for the Honda cars, today's I am interested in Honda Accord 6th generation and wanna get some basic knowledge about them. I hope I am on right platform and I will find enough knowledge on this site. Thanks

Emphasis

Reaction score
Welcome.

Depending on what you want to know; there's most likely already a sub-forum explaining it.

In a nutshell I'd say the Accord 6th gen is very reliable and affordable if taken well care of. Keep in mind this is with the possible exception of the V6 transmission which is known to potentially cause a big problem.

If you're shopping for a 6th gen, I'd stress checking for rust, wear, and maintenance history-- seeing how this is an 11+ year old car.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. If your budget is anything over $6k-$7k, I'd look for a 7thgen. If not, when buying a 6GA take it to a trusted mechanic if you don't know what to look for. As mentioned the biggest problem can be the auto transmissions in both i4 and V6, whether or not you get a bad one is a crapshoot. And you never know how long they'll last some die immediately, others die after a couple hundred thousand miles, others go forever. So that said, I'd get a 5spd if I were you.

If you can live with two doors, a 2003 ACura CL Type-S 6spd can be had for roughly the same price as a mint 6thgen, and it offers a few amenities the Accord does not. And it's built on the same platform as the V6 6GA.

Other than that, look for rust in the fenders, get any CEL's or other warning lights checked out, drive it and listen for sounds, etc. A lot can happen in 11-15 years.

todd_cards

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. If your budget is anything over $6k-$7k, I'd look for a 7thgen. If not, when buying a 6GA take it to a trusted mechanic if you don't know what to look for. As mentioned the biggest problem can be the auto transmissions in both i4 and V6, whether or not you get a bad one is a crapshoot. And you never know how long they'll last some die immediately, others die after a couple hundred thousand miles, others go forever. So that said, I'd get a 5spd if I were you.

If you can live with two doors, a 2003 ACura CL Type-S 6spd can be had for roughly the same price as a mint 6thgen, and it offers a few amenities the Accord does not. And it's built on the same platform as the V6 6GA.

Other than that, look for rust in the fenders, get any CEL's or other warning lights checked out, drive it and listen for sounds, etc. A lot can happen in 11-15 years.

a lot can happen within a few days like you said^^, i had mine checked out from a mechanic, and it ran fine.. the 3rd day i had it the tranny started to slip!, but like you said just check things and make sure things are well!

P.S: welcome to the site man

001Stunna

Reaction score
Hello Guys

David here. I am newbie to this site and this is my first post. I found this site on google search because I was searching for the Honda cars, today's I am interested in Honda Accord 6th generation and wanna get some basic knowledge about them. I hope I am on right platform and I will find enough knowledge on this site. Thanks

Welcome :)

So are you shopping for a 6th-gen i'm assuming? Where about in Canada are you?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Welcome to 6GA. Let's hope you'll find a gem!

Back