Hey

capsidx

Reaction score
Ok cool, you guys are making me jealous with these pristine mods on these accords. :Boo: . Hopefully soon enough I can get the ball rolling on this thing and give it the attention it deserves. Still trying to find the best body kit and wheels. I do however love the original look of the car so I plan to find a kit thats similar to the OEM look. I hate taking a thread in a different direction but for the sake of the internet bandwidth lol maybe someone could recommend a good place to check. There doesn't seem to be as big of an aftermarket for our cars, or at least thats the general consensus i've come up with.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Aftermarket was terrible for these cars. Not much was available in the first place, and most of what was available was garbage. Comptech and a select few other manufacturers made great stuff, but they are extremely hard to find now. These days getting your hands on good parts for this car means paying a good deal, and/or fabricating them yourself. Some of the companies that made desirable parts are not around anymore.

Very few companies still make nice aftermarket stuff for the 6GA, but if you look hard enough you can find some gems. For example I was looking for some aluminum pedals and found these guys, great quality product.

The other place you can go is other Honda/Acura models. Many parts from the 99-03 Acura TL and 98-03 Acura CL are easily swapped over. Even some things from newer models.

The 6GA was never a super popular platform to mod, the bad part is the lack of available parts/support can be annoying but the good part is it sets you apart in a crowd of WRX's, 350Z's, Jettas, GT86's, etc.

Last edited:

capsidx

Reaction score
For sure. I see a lot of old people where I live driving 6th gen accords and I wish I could just buy it from them and give it to a young kid who would rice the F out of it lol. I definitely will have a look at the TL road as I want to find a body kit that looks clean and I have no problem fabricating things to fit. For example.... When I first got the car the valve cover gasket needed to be replaced after finally failing after almost 15 years. Being the newbie mechanic I am I tigthened the VC bolts too much and snapped off two in the head. I managed to get them out with a mini screw driver. Ended up snapping one yet again later on. I decided to use a speed out which made it worse. Eventually I went to autozone, bought a bolt with a flat head, put it in the VC, threaded a nut on the bottom and havent had a leak since. Just a small story on ONE of many experiences I had with this car lol.

Back