HID High beams

JayStuff

Reaction score
I was thinking about throwing in some 3000k high beams in the 9005 slot.. what do you guys think? Ill be running 6000k lows but thought some color would be fun since I don's usually use my highs. Would they do the job if needed is my main question. Im mostly going for some fun looks.

Swiftx246

Reaction score
it would b koo but to me i think that belongs with teggs or hatches.

personally i got 6k on both the highs and lows.
its all about ur prefs tho...

ive never seen a cg5 with them? if u do post some pics.
i'd like to check it out.

JayStuff

Reaction score
i feel you on the teggs or hatches but im not really trying to buy fog lights cause im saving for coils but still want to do some fun stuff with my lights. I just want to know if 3000k would be a good choice for actual high beam use. If it is, ill probably try it out.

Swiftx246

Reaction score
like watcha mean? like use or just for show?
cuz 3k is hella dim compared to 6.

but yea i think it'l look hella sik.
just go for it. if worst come to worst
just remove em, and sell. haha

JayStuff

Reaction score
well I know the 3000k are dimmer but wasnt sure if they would be suitable for highs. Haha but I just realized I wont really need high beams with 6000k in my lows.

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
the 3,000 just has to do with color it just seems dimmer cuz its emitting yellow light instead of pure white light

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
3000k is not dimmer, its actually brighter.

hids in high beams are useless since hids have to warm up to get the full light output, and by that time you might have to turn them off again. just get some yellow bulbs, thats what i did, they work great.

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
Because hid takes a while to warm up to get the full light output, by the time it warms up you probably have already turn off your high beam. Plus you are just shortening the life of the hid if you turn it on and off before it fully warms up. Nokya hyper yellow halogen bulbs is your best choice.

Back