hid question

Tjohn15

Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread but I'm looking into DDM's slim kit, best deal I've seen my only question is in regards to the high beams, most just pair the HID's with a "like" brightness bulb to replace the OEM bulbs? (phillips, sylvania, etc.) And in regards to turn signal, many guys swapping those out for something brighter too?

001Stunna

Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread but I'm looking into DDM's slim kit, best deal I've seen my only question is in regards to the high beams, most just pair the HID's with a "like" brightness bulb to replace the OEM bulbs? (phillips, sylvania, etc.) And in regards to turn signal, many guys swapping those out for something brighter too?

DDM Slim kits are no longer sold. You can opt for the raptors if you would like. When buying HIDs you need to know what bulb you need(ie.9006 for low beam in our case) the wattage of the ballast you need(ie.35w in our case since you're probably putting it in a reflector bucket) and the bulb K rating (4500-5000 is pretty much white color, if you want a tiny tint of blue go for 6000k). For turn signals i think your only means of going brighter is going with multiple-LED bulbs or SMD LED bulbs. The only negative aspect of these is they might give you the fast blinker effect where your turn lights will blink on/off much faster then they constantly do.

Tjohn15

Reaction score
9006 bulbs, 35 watt, I'll be going with 5000K yeah, but I'm asking as far as replacements for the high beams. Just find a bulb such as phillips or sylvania that matches the HID's and has anyone found that one is better than the others in regards to 9005 bulbs?

And how long has DDM not sold the slim kits? Last I checked they still sold them but I see that's changed... wonder why

Tjohn15

Reaction score
yeahh I just found that out. I definitely want to order a raptor kit before they get rid of those too. The more I search the more I cant really decide if I should go with 5 or 6000k. I've searched around and read 5000k is the brightest but then others say its not. Some say 5000 has a hint of blue where others say its clear and 6000k has the hint of blue. I'll probably just go with the 5000's and call it a day but if anyone has a definite answer on this then feel free to chime in, the input would be helpful

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
on my memebers ride thread i have a new set of 6oook from them, u be tha judge
they are more white than anything

001Stunna

Reaction score
on my memebers ride thread i have a new set of 6oook from them, u be tha judge
they are more white than anything

I got 6000k raptor kit and id say there's blue in them, ive had 4500k raptor kit and can say that was white...shall take a pic of them tonight though when i head out.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
maybe a real slight blue, but nothing like 8000k
IMAG0299.jpg

my headlights need aimed but mine are 6000k

Last edited:

Tjohn15

Reaction score
thanks for the heads up guys. just ordered the 5000k raptor kit. But one of my original questions is still kind of up in the air. In regards to the 9005 bulbs, has anybody had any good, or bad luck with phillips? I've been reading some good things about them, just haven't really found a description in regards to brightness color. I wouldn't want a 5000k HID kit with some blue high beams ya know?

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
if ur sayn u want hids in ur high beams, then dnt do it completely usless

as far as philips they work great, i got a buch of used ones from work just in case mine go out

Back