HID's in Fogs

nyknick1015

Reaction score
Hey... So after this past rain/snow storm i find my self changing my foglight bulbs... AGAIN!!! I kinda saved the fogs by putting a film over it (Its really clear tape!!:lawl:) to save it a bit.

This is about the 5th time im changing my fog bulbs so im just wondering how every1 else deals with their fog light bulbs and if they have HID bulbs in em. Is it worth me putting HID's in them or stick to regular halogen bulbs which are about 8 bucks a piece to replace everytime..

Im getting another set of civic housing so how does every1 keep from cracking them

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
i avoid all roads with rocks and messed up pavement. if i have to stop on da spot and change lanes i will do it. its simple, sort of like driving low with a front lip.

juicebox00

Reaction score
i don't think there is a way to avoid them being cracked, one of my lenses just got cracked but it's still in place so i don't want to change it. But the HID's would be fine i believe

KnightRyder

Reaction score
be sure to re-aim your fogs after hids though. dont want to be one of those annoying guys coming down the road. i cant wait to buy my projector fogs :D

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Cracking, it happens. And as far as HID goes, I had them in mine up until the accident (was planning on changing the 35W 5300K out for 55W 3000K though so kinda pissed cus now I gotta wait until I get new fogs to put the new bulbs to good use). But yeah, HID makes it so much nicer. And as far as rocks and pebbles, if you got a sign shop nearby, go to them and ask how thick the thickest laminate they carry is. Laminate comes in, if I remember correctly, gloss, luster, matte, and I can't remember what the other one is. It's what the clear car bras are made out of.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Make sure when ur handling all bulbs, especially headlights or foglights that you do not get your finger oil on them. That will cause them to burn out prematurely. If u want HIDS in your fog light, u shud pair that will a relay harness as well. Unless u like having to turn ur HID's off and on to get both to fire up....

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
What do you mean "Unless u like having to turn ur HID's off and on to get both to fire up...."? Before my accident I had a relay harness for my lows and fogs. The relay for the lows was plugged into the 9006 socket on the drivers side, and the relay for the fogs was plugged into the 9006 socket on the passengers side. In other words, lows on meant lows and fogs for me (With an S2K retro highs are rarely needed lol).

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
What do you mean "Unless u like having to turn ur HID's off and on to get both to fire up...."? Before my accident I had a relay harness for my lows and fogs. The relay for the lows was plugged into the 9006 socket on the drivers side, and the relay for the fogs was plugged into the 9006 socket on the passengers side. In other words, lows on meant lows and fogs for me (With an S2K retro highs are rarely needed lol).

4 NyKick1015

Nismode

Reaction score
Hey... So after this past rain/snow storm i find my self changing my foglight bulbs... AGAIN!!! I kinda saved the fogs by putting a film over it (Its really clear tape!!:lawl:) to save it a bit.

This is about the 5th time im changing my fog bulbs so im just wondering how every1 else deals with their fog light bulbs and if they have HID bulbs in em. Is it worth me putting HID's in them or stick to regular halogen bulbs which are about 8 bucks a piece to replace everytime..

Im getting another set of civic housing so how does every1 keep from cracking them
Pardon my ignorance but what do the bulbs have to do with the glass cracking?

Back