Homelink doesnt work

ExJR1710

Reaction score
I just got my 99 accord V6 coupe and it has homelink...
the only problem is that it doesnt light up when you press the buttons!
I dont know if the bulb is out or if its broken...
The map lights work right next to it so there has to be power right?
I dont think i can just change out the homelink bc it looks like its all one piece with the lights and the sunglass holder.

Anyone have any ideas? I really dont want to buy a new one..i might as well just use my regular garage door opener.

Thanks for the help....

jwong512

Reaction score
I would just try programming it through the instructions regardless if the light works or not. Just count the number of seconds yourself in your head to keep track. If it still doesn't work, it's most likely the homelink unit on your car has failed and you would have to get a whole new map console if you want the homelink to work again.

ExJR1710

Reaction score
I would just try programming it through the instructions regardless if the light works or not. Just count the number of seconds yourself in your head to keep track. If it still doesn't work, it's most likely the homelink unit on your car has failed and you would have to get a whole new map console if you want the homelink to work again.

yeah i was thinking about doing that also...just havent gotten around to it..i hope it works bci dont want to buy the whole assembly...

jwong512

Reaction score
The pricing of the assembly isn't too bad. You can usually find them on the forums for less than $100. I would just search around as it's not worth it to buy it brand new. Plus, I put it on my 4 cylinder and it's a lot more convenient than carrying around remotes.

Back