Homemade Bumper Diffuser

Acetylene

Reaction score
So i decided I wanted to add something to my accord and decided on making my own rear bumper diffuser. I've never done any body work to this degree on my own car besides the exhaust and some interior stuff. So i felt like it was a good challenge coming from only experience in my current job as a welder.
What i did was started to layout what my goal was for the car appearance wise more than the fact or practicality. I wanted to lower the body line a good amount to make it look fuller as i thought the rear ended a little too high in the back. so i drew up a sketch and decided on one that i felt looked the best.
I then started by taking measurements under the car from the ground up and also to get a general feel for where my clearance was in relation to the lowest point on the car which was the bend on my exhaust going to my muffler.

I welded up a simple bracket out of half inch hollow tube and some 3/4 flat bar.
welded my muffler back on so that it would fit under the bracket better. the pipe was a little bend downwards but i was too lazy to cut it off and weld it again lol so it was okay for me.

I bought a sheet of some 22 gauge sheet metal and fit it to the inside of the bracket i made and also so it fit on an angle.
I welded a piece of flat bar across the back to help with the bending of the sheet when i welded it up and it helped a good amount.
then i started by cutting my fins out of some 16 gauge sheet so they were a good amount sturdier and wouldn't
bend.
I cut out four of them for the middle portion and spaced them out from the center.
clamped up sheet and fitted it on to see where i would put my solid bar to support the sheet.

Welded it on after with the bar after i rattle canned the bottom of the sheet and right now it looks pretty okay. i still have to add the sides to it and make the front more presentable First post on this website let me know what you think guys! Pictures when i get home

rooky

Reaction score
Good luck figuring out the AERODYNAMICS making it.

rooky

Reaction score
I think 7 days maybe before you can post any picture.

Back