honda lift

dilltheswimr

Reaction score
Wow, just read through this whole thread and only saw maybe like 5 or 6 helpful posts. Seriously guys, did you not read how he just finished paying off his accord, that an accord is all he ever wanted, and that he doesn't wanna buy another vehicle? And he's not really going "off-roading" with it, he just needs to cross some creeks to get to trail heads, so he doesn't really need an atv or an suv. I'd say go with the ideas about some bigger tires, some custom springs, and see how it sits then get back to us with how it's looking.

thank you for being serious.

Next you'll need to figure out some deep water mods incase the creek rises while you're out there skinnin' coons, or packin' a bloody mule deer out on the roof rack.:goyou:

hah not that kinda outdoorsey, more like back packing,mountain biking,rock climing ect.........

Hey I didn't say truck tires. And what would be the point of towing a trailer with the atv in it if you still need to get across the creek to get to the trail head?

Btw, since it may/may not have an impact on the atv debate, how far are you traveling from your house til you get to any of the creeks, and then how far from the creeks do you have to travel to get to the trail head?

usually about a 30 min ride from my house to get to the head of the gravel or logging roads. prob 20 min from there to the trail head atv would be poitless and probally get stolen by some redneck if i left it at the trail head i stay out backpacking for 5-15 days at a time. a car is a little harder to steal

eggs

Reaction score
damn 5-15 days thats redic man i could never do that and i say zero defect has the best idea start doing some research into the custom springs

5spd'r

Reaction score
There's an old Honda Tuning article on a guy who rally races an EF hatch, might get some ideas from that guy. He's running H&R coilovers, I believe. What's with 6th gen members trying to talk this guy out of driving a 6th gen accord anyway? Any numb-nut can drive an suv over rough terrain, it takes skills to do this in a sedan...

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Ok, anyone else think about UCA/LCA, cv joint, other components not cooperating with a jacked up ride from using spring perch spacers or whatever the other whack ideas are?

And although an ATV is great Millz, it doesn't do much good if these trails are further away from the OP's house. If he has to drive 20-30 mins to get to the trails or wherever Mr. Daniel Boone is going, you could never drive an ATV there.

Just buy a cheap a$$ beat up 4x4 for under $1000 and go be happy. Think of some other dreams for your accord.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
in all honestly, to end this thread from going any further, look up ken blocks subaru wrx. Look at some of the parts that he used to reinforce his subaru and just think, you are gonna have to do at least something similar to your accord so you dont break anything

just a snip it
Reinforcement of the cross member in front-suspensions offers a linear steering response.
Specification changes in damping force of suspensions, coil spring rate, rear stabilizer and rear sub-frame bushes optimize rigidity for body roll and retain excellent road-holding capability.
Rear LSD (Limited Slip Differential) system was changed to a mechanical type from a Torsen® type to obtain the steady and powerful traction during cornering.
Nimble handling with a firm steering feel is assured by increasing oil flow volume in the power steering system.

you may not do it to that extent but its gonna be something similar because going offroad in an accord is gonna require alot of work to maintain the power you want. I say keep it simple and just buy tires with a larger and wider profile

5spd'r

Reaction score
I've driven alot of cars off-road, mostly rwd Datsuns and Toyotas, never lifted or modified in any way; the main thing is driver skill and studying the terrain. Every vehicle has it's limitations, you just have to learn what those are and work with it. As far as Subaru's go, I've off-roaded a 1969 FF11 wagon, talk about light weight! A 1.1L all-alluminum engine, so light my grandpa pulled it and carried to his basement by himself. My cousin and I got it crossed-up in some tractor ruts one time, with him on one side and me on the other we were able to lift it out and get going again! That won't work with an accord so carry a shovel.

blkdout6

Reaction score
dilltheswimr I feel for ya. i really want to lift my v6 sedan. I take it off roading, hill climbing, mudding. I Owe too much so i cant sell it. I dont have a ton of money to buy another car. i just want to spend a few hundred to have some fun with mine. I am looking to throw on a roofrack with lights, bigger tires, and maybe spacers for an inch or two. all of my friends drive big lifted jeeps and my gf has an 09 wrx. Everyone loves taking out my 6thgen and playing around in it just to see what people think.

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
dilltheswimr I feel for ya. i really want to lift my v6 sedan. I take it off roading, hill climbing, mudding. I Owe too much so i cant sell it. I dont have a ton of money to buy another car. i just want to spend a few hundred to have some fun with mine. I am looking to throw on a roofrack with lights, bigger tires, and maybe spacers for an inch or two. all of my friends drive big lifted jeeps and my gf has an 09 wrx. Everyone loves taking out my 6thgen and playing around in it just to see what people think.

you're only a few months late here but thanks anyway for reviving a dead thread.

blkdout6

Reaction score
lol yup. I actually was going to start a new thread about lifting mine today but i decide to search and found this one.

Back