Honda needs to step up the game!!!

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
I see no reason for them to slot in a larger sedan above the Accord. It does everything they need it to. And having just one model instead of two is much more profitable for them.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
I'm just thinking, Instead of wasting a production line with the crosstour, They should have used it to create a flagship sedan with the Honda badging to compete directly with the maxima & Avalon.

avalon is NOT the flagship sedan for toyota. the camry is.

honda needs to shrink the number of lines it has.. every new line just adds additional overhead costs.. discontinue some lines (like the insight) and improve existing lines (good job on the 9ga, but the new civic is horrile and needs another overhaul. Fit is also due for an overhaul)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
avalon is NOT the flagship sedan for toyota. the camry is...

WTF....
Since when?

Sometimes the term ‘flagship’ is misinterpreted as a marque’s nicest vehicle they sell. I think traditionally it is actually the vehicle that their brand stands on or the vehicle that drives their sales, and is thus advertised the most. How often do you see an Avalon ad compared to a Camry ad?

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Sometimes the term ‘flagship’ is misinterpreted as a marque’s nicest vehicle they sell. I think traditionally it is actually the vehicle that their brand stands on, and is thus advertised the most. How often do you see an Avalon ad compared to a Camry ad?

Valid point and I can see where you're coming from :beer:
But comparing the camry & Avalon in either XLE or limited trim, the Avalon is more appealing...IMO

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Camry sucks lol, boring and ugly for the most part, just like the previous generation. Avalons have gotten better and better over the years, and more premium. But they’re two different price points. New Avalons are pretty baller imo.

Back