Horn not working

kem

Reaction score
Hey 6ga , just the other day I noticed tht my horn stopped working. So I went and replaced the relay and still no horn. Any ideas on whats going on? Thanks in advance

schmiddr2

Reaction score
I've never seen a broken horn, but you could check it by running 2 wires from the battery to the horn, this is dangerous so if you don't feel comfortable don't do it.

I would imagine it is not getting power, so look for any blown fuses, check the wire and harness at the horn.

If not any of this, then maybe the switch in the steering wheel is bad, or a loose connection somewhere.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Take the two panels off the side of the steering wheel. There are to Torx screws, size T30. Take these out. The grasp the airbag, and pull back. If you look in there, there will be a black wire that slides onto a prong. That is your ground, when you push the airbag in, this is what grounds the horn to make it, sound I guess or whatever. Check that out. Won't take more than 2 minutes if you have access to a Torx bit.

Good luck!

FreSH4dr

Reaction score
i heard of horns popping and sounding like a duck call (like mine) but never just blowing and not working, has to be a wiring or fuse issue i would say

DrOwZee

Reaction score
Mine doesn't work either. But when I turn my steering wheel all the way to one side, it'll go off. Any idea why this happens? My radio control and the other buttons on the steering wheel doesnt work either if that makes a difference.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Mine doesn't work either. But when I turn my steering wheel all the way to one side, it'll go off. Any idea why this happens? My radio control and the other buttons on the steering wheel doesnt work either if that makes a difference.

That sounds like a loose connection, and you will probably have to pull over the steering column covers to check it out.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
Is there a DIY or thread on this somewhere? Couldn't find anything

001Stunna

Reaction score
Hey 6ga , just the other day I noticed tht my horn stopped working. So I went and replaced the relay and still no horn. Any ideas on whats going on? Thanks in advance

Assuming you checked/replaced the underhood fuse relay. Did you test the horns individually to make sure they do work?

You need to dismount the horn from the front of the car. Then you can connect a wire from the battery positive to the switch...and the battery negative to the horn mount.
If the horn does not sound, then you need to replace it
If the horn does sound then you have to diagnose for a faulty wiring issue.

Back