how dark to go with window tint?

lifelongbread

Reaction score
35% all around cause kansas laws says thats the darkest i can go. if i could do it again id go to Missouri and get 20 percent all the way around.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Depends on the laws where you live, if you worry about that.

In Ohio the legal limit is 50% on driver/front passenger window and whatever you want on everything else. And I believe it's illegal everywhere to tint your windshield.

I ended up going with 35% all around. Blocks sun and enough visibility during the day (ivory interior), and only shows silhouttes at night. But it's not too dark that it looks far from legal. I didn't want to ever have to remove tint so I played it safe.

+1 same here. 35% all around, and I personally love it

JayStuff

Reaction score
50 front, 15 sides, 5 back. Personally I love the way it looks. Dark but not tooo dark. Havent had a single issue with the cops and tint but have been bothered for much stupider things.

xx24xx

Reaction score
To keep it clean I would definitely stick to 1 percentage all the way around. I have 20% and it's pretty nice. At 20% at night you can easily see through your windows when you turn on your dome light and may save you from getting hassled. If you tint your windshield then I'd do a 70% and make sure you match the color. Some tints give off a green or brown hue from the inside. Also make sure you take it to a pro. Install makes a huge difference.

RedAccord02

Reaction score
Your here wondering how dark your tints should be worrying about the cops. If i were you i would take that front tint off your windows if a cop catches you its gona be a hefty fine since its illegal to have tint in your front windshield. The strips are ok but there is a line on your windshield telling you how low you can have it. 15 - 20 is fine depending on your state laws and how much cops hassle you in your area but dont get pulled over for your regular tints and then have the cop find out you have your windshield tinted because youll get a few tickets.

xx24xx

Reaction score
I don't know how they regulate the fines where you live but in Hawaii they fine you for EACH window and I think the front windshield is a bit more hefty. Luckily local law enforcement here only cares about speeding, safety inspections and Krispy Kreme.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Luckily local law enforcement here only cares about speeding, safety inspections and Krispy Kreme.

:rofl:
Where I live it doesn't matter if the tints 20% or 70% they will pull you over just because you have them on and ticket you even the law states 50% or 70% forgot which one is legal.

Shwayzar

Reaction score
go 15 on the sides and back and be real with it and go 30 on the windshield thats wat i have and knock on wood no ticket yet and ive had since janurary.

Back