How do I get the top light in the tails to come on only when using turn signal?

magicman1215

Reaction score
Okay, so I remember reading a thread explaining how to get the top light in the coupe taillights to come on only when using the turn signal. I remember someone describing it as kind of a BMW M3 look. If anybody has any idea what I'm talking about, please chime in. If not, maybe I can add a few pics to help describe what the hell I'm talking about. :thinking:

magicman1215

Reaction score
I'm also curious to find out how to run my high beam bulbs without my low beams being illuminated as well? I recently bought some yellow 9005 high beams and I've seen other Accords on here with that setup and just wanted to know how to get them to come on without the low beams on too. Thanks for any input.

magicman1215

Reaction score
^its called a DRL module

I'm still a bit confused. Would I engage the highbeams by turning the DRLs on by modifying the DRL module? My apologies if I sound like a dumbass, but I appreciate your help.

Edit: Once again, I feel dumb for not figuring this out on my own, but I had never heard about the DRL module. I did, however find some info on this after searching for "DRL module" Hopefully I can achieve what I was looking for now. Thanks again guys.

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
DRLs were standard on Canadian models and maybe even European models. I'm sure aftermarket kits exist, too. IDK how difficult they are to install though.

magicman1215

Reaction score
Back to my original question about the tail lights/turn signal

Is it one of these contacts on the bottom of the bulb I'm covering

8596935342_813179bcd4.jpg

or one the contacts inside the socket?

8596965052_b1ef39032f_m.jpg

From there I just have to figure out which one to cover, whether it be on the bulb or inside socket.

EDIT: I didn't end up having to tape anything. I just bent the metal contacts on the base of the bulb to mimic a 3056 (single filament) bulb. Thanks again everyone for your help. Looks great!

Last edited:
Back