How do I wire 2 channel to 4 channel?

Johnson

Reaction score
if you have an RCA to headphone jack, wire that directly to an ipod or a mp3 player. and test it through there.

as for your hi and low, i don't know what you're talking about. are you wiring your cabin speakers along with your tweeters? how did you wire it up?

a place wired them i think i'll take it back.

dynasty

Reaction score
i hope it's a reputive place. if they mess it up and burn your amp or speakers, they are responsible for it.

Johnson

Reaction score
I just got the alpine ida x200. I installed it with the harness kit and the first time powering it up I heard a pop and smoke and a smell come out of it. The acc fuse blew so I put in a 7.5 and still blew after 3 tries (no wires were exposed) so I used a 10A. I tried it again and it worked.

Now the 2 rca cables work(when I had the hi/low only 1 worked). The front still doesnt work but the rear and subs do(bought an rca for the subs (3 rca cables total now). When I play music there isn't enough juice to it compared to the stock ones(very quiet even though its turned up).

I tried to adjust the settings (bass, treble, ...) and when I scroll down on the selections a very loud obnoxious sound comes blaring out from the rear speaker. I quickly took the key out and tried playing music again... I think one of the rear speakers blew ... Just now I turned on the hu and I smell the same scent from before. The hu wouldnt turn on and this time the fuse blown on the hu(10A).

This is so frustrating! I hadn't had music for over a month now! Thanks for taking your time to read this. Any input is appreciated!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the head unit fuse blew for 2 reasons.

1. because you put in a 10A when you should have replaced it with a 7.5A or even 5A. always go lower (although i feel i shouldnt say that)
2. regardless of what fuse size is in the ida x200 (whatever that is), if it keeps blowing, something is wrong!!!!!!!!!!! theres a polarity reversed...a bad ground...insulation rubbed through...something. ****...you could replace the fuse with a wire...it would just keep popping fuses down the line since the electricity HAS to go somewhere.

may i suggest youre in over your head? i know people here dont like spending money...do you have a friend? an acquaintance you could pay with a 24 pack? i could probably do it if i had the car in front of me...through a forum...not gonna happen...

Back