how do you pass emissions with stand alone?

Blackaccord2345

Reaction score
Well I passed my emissions about six months ago, and have another year and a half before i have to test again. My question was, the guys that used the AEM stand alone, how did you guys pass emissions after that? I also have no cat. I tend to put things off and this is one of those things you can't put off. :skurred:

I have a T28R dual ball bearing turbo.Internal waste gate.
2 and half inch exhaust from the turbo back.
AEM ver2
RDX Fuel injectors.
STR turbo manifold.
AEM boost gauge.
AEM Air fuel ratio Gauge.
255 walbro fuel pump.

My half brother has a 2003 Mach 1 ford mustang, with a vortec supercharger, he said his tuner just switched his computer inputs as Not supported. but he has his stock computer in still.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Shaun.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
You really can't :(

Either gotta go stock ecu, or one with obd communication, and be able to pass, or you gotta know someone and pay to pass.

Blackaccord2345

Reaction score
I paid a pretty penny for this AEM ver2. I would hope they put something in there to help me pass. but if not, thats why i'm researching this now. so I can figure out what I have to do step by step. I'm assuming I'm gonna have to put my cat back on, i'll go with a High flow cat, I'm also assuming id have to put my stock fuel injector back in, if I put the stock computer back in b/c my car was running crazy rich before I had it tuned. thanks for keeping it real with me.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
AEM build the EMS for track purposes only. There is no method to pass with it straight up. So yeah, stock or pay someone off. Or do some other favor for them... Your choice, I don't judge.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Or do some other favor for them... Your choice, I don't judge.

lol:skurred:

OP, just ask around between friends and i'm sure you'll find a shop that will "help/make" you pass...at times without even having to be there.

If OBD2 this might be a bit hard though especially if the states obd2 machine reads vin#s.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
i know someone that will make ur car be able to get the scanner plugged in and read as a perfectly normal car. inbox me for more info, thats what ill be doing. inbox me for more info.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
There are some false ecu's that send false signals to the obd2 that says your passing. A couple of my dads coworkers have these in their integras. No idea where they got them or exactly how they work, but they've been supposedly passing emissions with them for quite a few years.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
There are some false ecu's that send false signals to the obd2 that says your passing. A couple of my dads coworkers have these in their integras. No idea where they got them or exactly how they work, but they've been supposedly passing emissions with them for quite a few years.

^thats what I'm talking about. i may or may not have one. ;)

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
My dad said they'd hook me up with one if I needed.

Let's say you do have one. How much would you pay for it?

Back