How to connect parking brake wire?

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
bought a pioneer p4300dvd and i'm willing to do the parking brake bypass later but as of now i'm having trouble figuring out how to connect the parking brake wire normally.. I can't find where to tap into on our e-brake assembly.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
all you have to do is run that ground wire off the radio to a toggle switch, and then to a ground anywhere in the car and the TV should work... all the ebrake switch does is complete a ground (its like your BRAKE like coming on on your dashboard).. when the lever is up the ground is completed in the circuit:poke:

you flick the switch a few times to tell the radio "seee i just engaged the brake now work"

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
all you have to do is run that ground wire off the radio to a toggle switch, and then to a ground anywhere in the car and the TV should work... all the ebrake switch does is complete a ground (its like your BRAKE like coming on on your dashboard).. when the lever is up the ground is completed in the circuit:poke:

you flick the switch a few times to tell the radio "seee i just engaged the brake now work"

I know there's the toggle switch approach and the bypass using a relay. I also know if you simply ground the parking brake wire my unit will turn on but not allow you do to anything. Do you know where I can tap it into the cars parking brake switch though?

Last edited:

001Stunna

Reaction score
Cant you just ground the wire from the unit anywhere on the car and your unit will always work, as it'll think "hey parking break is up". Thats what ive done in the past and its worked fine, just make sure ure not playing videos around cops while driving after lol

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Cant you just ground the wire from the unit anywhere on the car and your unit will always work, as it'll think "hey parking break is up". Thats what ive done in the past and its worked fine, just make sure ure not playing videos around cops while driving after lol

on the old pioneer avh models you could, but not on this new model.. anyway i'm saying screw it, just bought a 12v relay and i'm wiring the bypass right now :)

thanks to this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDGZEZrUdRo

Radloff5

Reaction score
Hey I have the same Radio and the 12v relay works great. I know this is kind of off topic but i was wondering what dash kit u used for your 4300dvd because i am having trouble find a trim ring that will fit around the radio that will alow the radio to flip open.

Thanks,
Luke

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Hey I have the same Radio and the 12v relay works great. I know this is kind of off topic but i was wondering what dash kit u used for your 4300dvd because i am having trouble find a trim ring that will fit around the radio that will alow the radio to flip open.

Thanks,
Luke

I did the relay too. works great although my dash kit did not come in the mail yet so it's just kinda sitting in there wired up. I ordered a Metra kit so hopefully it will look flush. did you use the square black frame that came with the unit?

Radloff5

Reaction score
Yes. It was the black ring that came with. I ordered from crutchfield and they sent me a dash kit for free that they said would fit. When I put it in the bracket bolted up but the black trim piece that goes around the radio did not. When u would go to put a cd in the flip down front would get caught on the trim ring. I have have tryed a few diff. Kits but the same thing happened

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Yes. It was the black ring that came with. I ordered from crutchfield and they sent me a dash kit for free that they said would fit. When I put it in the bracket bolted up but the black trim piece that goes around the radio did not. When u would go to put a cd in the flip down front would get caught on the trim ring. I have have tryed a few diff. Kits but the same thing happened

Have you contacted crutchfield about this? Just ran into the same problem dude, so I just used the part of the kit to bolt it on for now. doesn't look flush and i'm pretty disappointed

Last edited:

murdered accord

Reaction score
what i did to mine i grounded the wire took it to a shop they have codes to override that so u dont use a switch

Back