How to make car more luxury oriented?

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
My wife wants the woodgrain kit and i was just going to get the cheap overlays but i found the OEM kit. I didn't know they had aftermarket nonoverlay kits.

The only thing i'm gonna do with exterior is the HIDs, LED tails and stock EX rims. I don't want anyone thinking i have anything.

The main reason why i am pumping up the Accord is because we decided we can't afford a Lexus. We went Lexus shopping, drove the new GS350, IS300, ES330 and a few older ES300's and GS300s. Out of all of those we LOVED the 01-04 GS300's, they rode the best, but were still about 20k. We decided we'd hold off, spend a few grand and just make the Accord into a pseudo-Lexus. If the Accord had more miles i'd hold off, but it just hit 43k miles, so she's got awhile left of life. :)

How did u shave the side moldings? I've dome this on other cars, but i'm not sure i'd want to do it to the Accord if i have to get it repainted. The paint is still in excellent condition.

ryon527

Reaction score
I wouldn't get the honda woodgrain kit it looks really cheap IMO. Maybe get new honda floor mats and keep the car really clean. I didn't read all the pages in this thread but I would use a sound insulation to make it quiet like a lexus. I used elemental designs edead v4 in my g35 and it made a diference. My aunt has a es300 and it's nice but nothing special. my godmother has a gs300 and I like that alot more but it still isn't anything I would spend 40 grand on new.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
ryon527 said:
I wouldn't get the honda woodgrain kit it looks really cheap IMO.
Yeah, when i was looking for my accord, I made sure to avoid oem wood grain. Looks pretty bad.

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
wonderful.. :p Too bad i already paid for it and it's on its way. :p

I've done a littlee with sound deadener, i used some foam stuff i had and some left over carpet, i think it's definately quiet, but i figure i could add some more.

I got my leather seat covers, etc. in today and it looks SWEEEET!

Brand new gray seat covers, arm rest covers and door inserts for 330 shipped! go me! :)

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i saw you got the 3 02 rims on ebay...let me know if you want 2 more...100+actual shipping :)

Neight

Reaction score
you can also swap your shifter with one from a prelude. Which I am in the middle of doing, no more pushing buttons to shift!

Hush

Reaction score
ryan s said:
300zx lenses are too big for tsx projectors...they would need to be ground down. plus, the tsx lens is one of the best on the market. try the washer mod before cutting into a fresh set of 300zx lenses.

where did you hear that from?? i see it on HIDplanet all the time.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
swapping out a tsx or s2k lens is pointless, since they are some of the best stock lenses on the market.

edit: wait, are you rob1?

double edit: i misspoke in the first post...tsx lenses are smaller than 300zx, and they sit loosely in rx330s which is what i have experience with. if someone wants to do swapping, why not start out with rx330s or sc430s?

Last edited:
Back