How to sell a car that wont sell....

nyknick1015

Reaction score
Hey guys,

coming back to the forum for some good ol help... So I have a buddy that needs to sell his car as soon as possible... Only problem is that no body wont buy it lol... so other than donating and trying to get a few hundred bucks out of the car, what do you guys recommend...

Its not a bad car at all, its an Audi a4 v6 5 speed. Engine runs great, the previous owner did this super extended power train warranty that guarantees all parts and labor for engine components up to 250k. Transmission shifts great. Only problem is the original owner gave the car to his son and tried to do some super-dooper-hella-mexi-flush-ish thing and flared out the fenders ridiculously. Also replaced the header flex pipe with a solid pipe so with the engine flexing back and forth it cracked the pipe over time. All stuff that can be essentially fixed but like i said, Need the car gone.

So 6ga'ers... Lend me your brains and how can we get rid of this car

How it looks now. If you look towards the rear you can see the flared rear fenders
audi_zps64516500.jpg

THIS IS NOT A FORSALE THREAD, JUST NEED SOME IDEAS OF HOW TO OTHER THAN CRAIGSLIST

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
get average craigslist price - cost to repair the car - GTFO discount (at your discretion) = your new selling price

nyknick1015

Reaction score
190k on the clock. its a 2001 btw

average selling price on craigslist is like 4500... right now we are really only asking 2200. with the expectancy to only get maybe 15-1700 off of it. Understandably it does need work but its been 2 months and not even one call for it.

Reason for the urgency is my buddy is getting married and moving to sweden with his fiance. If the car doesnt sell, hes looking at me to do something with it and I dont want it... I have enough projects going on to take on another car.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
link us to the ad?

is it listed like the typical CL ad where it goes "NEEDS SOME WORK RUNS GOOD SELLING IT ASAP"? :lawl:

i cant believe that not one CL lowballer is willing to offer you guys half of your asking price...which is already half the price of the other A4s.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Must be.

If you were in this state, I could think of 3 people who would by it right away for a project at under 2 grand.

Must be doing something wrong.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
well i put the word out hard and selling it to some kid locally. people are just not buying cars now which sucks

Back