How to stop signal light to come on with parking light

samx

Reaction score
Hi guys! I am installing egay halo/LED projector lights (SPEC-D) on my 02 V6 sedan and am considering two options to hook up halos/LED wires - 1. to the parking light that will turn on halos/LED+parking light+signal light simultaneously. No help needed for this. 2. I would actually like to stop signal light coming on with parking light since its yellow and doesn't look good with the rest, white lights. I need help here; how do I stop signal light to come on with the parking light (they come on with the first click on my light switch stick). TIA!

james'99

Reaction score
If you unplug the turn signal bulb while its installed, does the halo go out? If so, you can find which wire triggers the parking light for the blinker halo, disable it, and wire it in to the blinker wire? However, if all halos are wired across one circuit, you will find this modification harder. You will probably find yourself splitting the headlights to do this. I have actually driven a car with these particular lights, 2002 Accord V6 LX Sedan, and my opinion is that they are complete garbage in a safety respect. Standard halogen headlights are a lot better than the lights these offered. Maybe you would prefer a set of stock headlights with smoked lenses or a retrofitted pair of OEM headlights? Just a possible suggestion. I just don't think the importance of looks out-weighs safety.

samx

Reaction score
If you unplug the turn signal bulb while its installed, does the halo go out? If so, you can find which wire triggers the parking light for the blinker halo, disable it, and wire it in to the blinker wire? However, if all halos are wired across one circuit, you will find this modification harder. You will probably find yourself splitting the headlights to do this. I have actually driven a car with these particular lights, 2002 Accord V6 LX Sedan, and my opinion is that they are complete garbage in a safety respect. Standard halogen headlights are a lot better than the lights these offered. Maybe you would prefer a set of stock headlights with smoked lenses or a retrofitted pair of OEM headlights? Just a possible suggestion. I just don't think the importance of looks out-weighs safety.

Unplugging signal bulb doesn't turn off the halos/LEDs. Parking light bulb in the car only had 2 wires - black and red so there is no direct wiring between parking and signal lights. I think I am gonna stop here and just live with white / yellow daylight / parking light instead of digging deep into circuits for which I am pretty inapt. As far as the quality of this projector light goes, its not built great, feels cheap compared to stock but looks are just incredible, specially those LEDs and halos that I run as daylights. Light output is OK as well so I will enjoy these till they last.....then HIDs!

james'99

Reaction score
You might look into a retrofit solution! Done right, they are not only the most awesome looking things. They are also pure quality when it comes to lighting the road.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
all you need to do is post a wiring diagram
and what you want, example

switch1
-off-
-parking-
-l/b-
-h/b-

and switch2
-off-
-halo-