HVAC lights haunted?

watut

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, recently my HVAC lights in my 98 accord coupe have become haunted lol. It started happening with the warm weather, the fans will work and everything but I can not switch on the a/c or change any of the positions where the air will come out. The lights don't work for the buttons. Sometimes if I hit the dash, the lights will come back and it will work. You guys think its a loose wiring harness?

jaw819

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, recently my HVAC lights in my 98 accord coupe have become haunted lol. It started happening with the warm weather, the fans will work and everything but I can not switch on the a/c or change any of the positions where the air will come out. The lights don't work for the buttons. Sometimes if I hit the dash, the lights will come back and it will work. You guys think its a loose wiring harness?
either that, or its your control panel needing to be replaced.
same thing happened to me.
is it a sedan or coupe? also, auto climate control or manual?
i have a manual control panel for a sedan that i was shipped instead of the one for the coupe, so i have it in my room.
i'll sell if you have a sedan, if you decide you want it.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
hvac units are pretty cheap on ebay, if nothing works out you should just get another!

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
manual hvac units are interchangeable with coupes and sedans... same with auto one's

xx24xx

Reaction score
It'll run you about $60 on eBay. It's very simple to replace. Just to a search on here (led mod works) and it takes 10 minutes at most.

watut

Reaction score
What if I buy a used one and it has the same problem? is there any way to fix this?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Im experiencing the same issue, is there anyone else on here that replaced theirs? Maybe the circuit board can be repaird.

watut

Reaction score
Im experiencing the same issue, is there anyone else on here that replaced theirs? Maybe the circuit board can be repaird.

Thats what I am thinking. Kind of like the DRL issue in the 5th gens and Fuel pump relay issue in the 4th gens

Back