I got an offer on my Accord...

talonted1990

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
Why sell everything for a 71' chevy???

I only sold my Civic and Rabbit for the 71 Chevy. I am a Chevy man. It is in my blood. I have 2 other Chevy cars right now but wanted a Chevy truck. It just happens that this one came with a parts truck. I work part time building custom trucks so why not build one for myself? I think 2 pumps, 10 switches, a 4" body drop and shaved handles and tail lights should start me off right. Im sure minituck04 knows what I am talking about.

He came and got the car last night. I hope to sign it over to him this week.

Last edited:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
It seems weird the guy is buying up your cars unless he sells cars for a living. Anyway, my take on it. If you don't feel comfortable driving a car, get rid of it. You are going to at somepoint anyway, why wait.

Getting the same car over can actual be a good thing as well if you really like your car. This has happened to acouple of friends, somebody got obsessed with their car and they made money. Then bought the same car over and tried new things, or went in a direction.

Different cars are alway good too though. I almost think i should lease cars since i get sick of them too quick, but then i mod them.

talonted1990

Reaction score
I signed it over tonight and it is gone for good. I guess I will sell the parts I didnt install. I gave away 2 sets of tail lights, 2 sets of springs and 2 strut tower bars. I have a set of headlights, a gauge pod for the dash and a few other little things.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
sad to see ur accord go... get another one! :D how much did u get anyways?

Phut

Reaction score
talonted1990 said:
I only sold my Civic and Rabbit for the 71 Chevy. I am a Chevy man. It is in my blood. I have 2 other Chevy cars right now but wanted a Chevy truck. It just happens that this one came with a parts truck. I work part time building custom trucks so why not build one for myself? I think 2 pumps, 10 switches, a 4" body drop and shaved handles and tail lights should start me off right. Im sure minituck04 knows what I am talking about.

He came and got the car last night. I hope to sign it over to him this week.
you talking about hydros? why not go with an air suspension?

talonted1990

Reaction score
Phut said:
you talking about hydros? why not go with an air suspension?

I dont like waiting for the air to build up and I will get way more lift out of my 12 and 16 inch cylinders than air can offer. I build custom trucks so I have done both setups many times. I should be able to lift the truck to look like stock and still lay body when I am done, even with a 4" body drop. I will post pics when I get the truck in the shop and start working on it.

scrappys64

Reaction score
What kind of tailights do you have and pics of the other things that you are selling.

Phut

Reaction score
talonted1990 said:
I dont like waiting for the air to build up and I will get way more lift out of my 12 and 16 inch cylinders than air can offer. I build custom trucks so I have done both setups many times. I should be able to lift the truck to look like stock and still lay body when I am done, even with a 4" body drop. I will post pics when I get the truck in the shop and start working on it.
that's cool. i personally don't like how it can feel a bit jerky when hitting switches. i like the smooth transitions.

Back