I guess I'm new...

james'99

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I've had an account for a while now but never got to do any real posting or anything with the account till today! I have owned my '99 Coupe EX-L 4 cyl 5 Spd since November of 2012. It's been a long time coming but its getting cleaner every day. I like the stock looks of the car but plan to do a lot of swapping of parts from the 2002.

Unfortunately, I (or my car I guess) was a victim of odometer fraud. While I don't know for sure, I am forced to guess that my car has upwards of 180-190k miles. Unfortunately, after performing a compression test and looking over how clean the drive train of the car was as a whole, I was dumb and didn't run the CarFax. The cluster must have been swapped. It really ticked me off when I found out but I guess I have to live with that. That being said, I haven't had to do one thing to the car and haven't had any lights to deal with.

I added a few things so far...

It came with an intake. I added a Megan Racing Strut bar. Installed a new clutch when I bought the car. Exedy OEM replacement. Did all maintenance I saw fit. New brakes, timing belt, fluid flushes, etc. But its a Honda. What more should I have to do? Haha!

Recently did a Big 3 upgrade with Got02Accord. Pics and write up to come.

I installed a new stereo and used an Alpine PDX-V9 amplifier as the heart. Wonderful amplifier.

Added Homelink and a sunroof visor. If anyone has the manual climate controls and clock for the 01-02 Accord, a PM would be greatly appreciated. I really like the tighter look in the later model year.

In the future, I plan on swapping bumpers and making the body as clean as possible. Considering either a 5 lug swap or GSR blades but seeing as my tires and brakes are new, if it is soon that I do anything with wheels, it will probably be the blades. I installed a junkyard trunk lid with the factory OEM wing and a junkyard driver door as mine looked as if someone tried to break into the car at one point. The wing has Accord engraved in it so it is Honda OEM.

I love the car. It is a lot of fun. Plans will obviously increase with time but in any case, its great to be here.

Day 1 with the car

More recent...

Hope to talk to everyone and get a great experience with a Honda family!

New late 2014 pics up! Still on my way. Car has been through a full paint correction with thanks to Cody, Got02Accord. No more pinstripe. I liked the pinstripe but when I replaced the door and fender, they were not present on those two parts.

Got02Accord and I at Honda Day

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome, sounds like you're on your way. It always puzzled me why mileage would ever be stored in the cluster and not the ECU or elsewhere.

james'99

Reaction score
Thanks RedRyder! Though, as I'm told, it is stored by the ECU and cluster seperately so maybe I will uncover the lie one day. I am told that I can find the ECU mileage by buying an Ultraguage which reads all of its data from the ECU. Got02Accord has one. I plan to purchase one down the line and just maybe truth will be told.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
IMO, 5-lug is over rated. You can do any brakes, I did z32 brakes on my 4 lug s13 with a simple drill :) And most wheels, also had 5 lug wheels (5×114.3+~40) on my s13 with some adapters (4-5-lug, ~1" thick, =~+12 effective). If someone breaks a lug, they're doing it wrong!

Idk if you can do this, but I took my front plate mount off and stuck it in the trunk, 'It just fell off, ocifer.' 3 golden years!

james'99

Reaction score
Thanks xci.ed6! I appreciate the input. There is definitely potential in the 4 lug, no question. At least they are already all disc as it stands so its a good start! I will definitely keep those thoughts in mind! Thanks! And I'd love to pull the front plate but they nail us in NY for it. On top of it, Someone put two random bolts through the bumper for the plate so when I get an '02 bumper, I will probably build a brace of sorts coming off the bottom of the car so that it isn't on the body. I honestly hate the front plate, plus, it is the ugly blue and yellow NY plate which just adds to the ugh...

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Enjoy.

Sounds like solid plans for the car.

Do the 5 lug swap, it opens up your wheel options, to better looking OEM wheels choices, IMO.

Happy Modding.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Thanks RedRyder! Though, as I'm told, it is stored by the ECU and cluster seperately so maybe I will uncover the lie one day. I am told that I can find the ECU mileage by buying an Ultraguage which reads all of its data from the ECU. Got02Accord has one. I plan to purchase one down the line and just maybe truth will be told.

If that's true, when you install a cluster whatever mileage is stored in the odo in the cluster is what shows up on the LCD. So you'd have to figure out how to tap into that part of the ECU, which it sounds like you might know how to.

Thanks for the comments. :)

Back