I Hate The Dealers

Nemo619

Reaction score
Well, my wife's auto 02'SE has been having a rattling problem under the hood. Took it up to the dealership yeturday and they were suppose to call her back with what they found. 4:00 rolls around and no word as to what's wrong. We get up there and the associate tells my wife that they need to have the technician ride with her because they didn't hear anything. 6-7 hours later and that's all they could come up with, "We were waiting for you to come up here." It's called courteousy call morron. My wife had called up there twice and didn't hear anything back. Day two of the saga, finally find out what's wrong. Rear engine mount is causing the noise. They want to charge her $273.00 for the part and a diagnostic service that they ran. They want to charge another $120.00 to install, and another $109.95 for a power steering flush and induction service. Grand totall of $502.95. :furious:

6THGEN_AI4

They sux, everytime I go is a story like that, let see what happens this monday when I take mine there for a valve adjustmen.

Nemo619

Reaction score
My wife busted out the old trusty Honda savings booklet, and was like take $50 off of it. She opt'd to just have the rear engine mount taken care of for the time being. $177.00 for the rear engine mount and we have to wait a week for it. I could've got it for less in three days but, I'm dealing with my wife and it is her car. If she had listened to me, she would just be paying for the diagnostic today.

6THGEN_AI4

Kid2000EX said:
Try 485 for valve adjustment at Honda of Bowie in MD

You must be kidding rite????

Check my location right above the #'s of post:D

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Nemo619 said:
They want to charge her $273.00 for the part and a diagnostic service that they ran. They want to charge another $120.00 to install, and another $109.95 for a power steering flush and induction service. Grand totall of $502.95. :furious:

u should have asked around the boards first b4 going to the dealer :bash: we won't charge u the diagnostic fee :D PS flush? dood... just pump out the PS reservoir, fill with new fluid and repeat after a week... do it 2 or 3 times and u're done! induction service? as in air filter? :rofl: tht's like a 5 min job :rofl:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
diy ftw...a rear mount is like $60 of the net.

if they wanted you down there, why wouldnt they call? people havent mastered mental telepathy yet :rolleyes:

NokBlue

Reaction score
ANDRYCK said:
They sux, everytime I go is a story like that, let see what happens this monday when I take mine there for a valve adjustmen.
get a Haynes manual and do it yourself. it's not hard at all. it only took like an hour and a half to do my V6. that was the first time doing a valve adjustment on any car. just make sure the engine is completely cold before you start.

6THGEN_AI4

NokBlue said:
get a Haynes manual and do it yourself. it's not hard at all. it only took like an hour and a half to do my V6. that was the first time doing a valve adjustment on any car. just make sure the engine is completely cold before you start.

I'm afraid to screw my $hit and I don't have the tools required + the time. My car has warranty and hopefully that will cover that.:)

Back